Sandhill Park Fire

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krela

Reaction score
Just seen on the news that Sandhill Park in Somerset has gone up in smoke.

That's a shame. :(

Was this the manor house that had alarms when triggered,secca would drive up to investigate?

That is such a shame but it really does seem like arson to me - then again, what else could it be at a derelict property?

Was planning a visit to that area for family later this month so will scrap it off my list of places to see whilst im around :(

unbelievable ! my grandparents used to work there when it was operating, fecking chavs go set fire to something else !!!

unbelievable ! my grandparents used to work there when it was operating, fecking chavs go set fire to something else !!!

Do you think chavs would be mooching about there in the early hours? Can you think who else might benefit, without accusing anybody in this forum!!

well there is the developer getting rid of a spanner in the works as far as planning permission go`s, but there were alot of chavs hanging about up there, either way its a shame

:( I liked Sandhill ... esp when there was an old fire engine to climb on!

well there is the developer getting rid of a spanner in the works as far as planning permission go`s, but there were alot of chavs hanging about up there, either way its a shame

It's really set the developers plans back. I very much doubt it was the developer. There were all sorts of strange people "using" the building.

Having looked into it more it appears it was going to be turned into luxury flats , so yes this must be a huge blow for the developers !, another ireplacable piece of local history go's up in smoke :(

Chav arson without a doubt, yet another very wet building going up in flames:(

If only they had security inside the building. It's when the security moves out that other people move in.

I saw in the Fire Brigade report that asbestos was involved. This is a huge cost to get rid of normally and I have been told it's much cheaper for the building if it's disposed of through the effects of a fire in that the insurance company pays for it or something along those lines. In times like these where property isn't selling very fast it may be that to get some return the building was destroyed so don't rule out the developer although arson/willful fire raising is easy to spot it is very difficult to prove who was responsible....

I saw in the Fire Brigade report that asbestos was involved. This is a huge cost to get rid of normally and I have been told it's much cheaper for the building if it's disposed of through the effects of a fire in that the insurance company pays for it or something along those lines. In times like these where property isn't selling very fast it may be that to get some return the building was destroyed so don't rule out the developer although arson/willful fire raising is easy to spot it is very difficult to prove who was responsible....

Its still a huge cost to get rid of it even if there has been a fire though - the price tag to get the West Park Hall asbestos free was huge!

Its still a huge cost to get rid of it even if there has been a fire though - the price tag to get the West Park Hall asbestos free was huge!

Lilli,

Yes that's true but I'm sure the responsibility for the cost is transferred from the owner either to the insurance company or the local council. So the developer get the removal paid for rather than it becoming his/their cost.

Lilli,

Yes that's true but I'm sure the responsibility for the cost is transferred from the owner either to the insurance company or the local council. So the developer get the removal paid for rather than it becoming his/their cost.

The cost wont be transferred to the local authorities and I can't see any developer wanting the cost to go to their insurance company either - can you imagine the premiums they'd have to pay on any future development insurance. FWIW my money is on the local neds.

Latest posts

Back