Gwrych Castle, Abergele 13/10/07

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skittles

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
On hearing that the castle is about to have renovation work start on the building Guimbulate and I decided to pay it a visit.

It was obvious where the castle is as you can see it from the A55 we stopped and asked a local how to get to it. We had a path pointed out to use and so we parked the car and started to follow it.

Soon we came across some caves so we scrambled up and explored the mouth, it went in a few yards and soon went down to a small tunnel, the second one I looked in had a bigger tunnel but blocked off. Their are other caves too. Apparently two of the caves come out near the castle a mile away from the entrance

We scrambled up vertical rocks faces and sides of muddy mountains to find we were way above the castle - who builds castles at he bottom of a mountain? OK I know it was built as a house.

So we scrambled down and found most of the entrances blocked of with steal boards but noticed a rear entrance

Most of my photos are not up to standard as the light was fading and I did not bring a tripod

This is my second visit to the castle last time I was here it was a themed park with ghost cellar

SOME PICS

I will post a video later

Last edited:
Soon we came across some caves so we scrambled up and explored the mouth, it went in a few yards and soon went down to a small tunnel, the second one I looked in had a bigger tunnel but blocked off. Their are other caves too. Apparently two of the caves come out near the castle a mile away from the entrance

A bit of a bonus, that. :) Btw, that is one VERY scary face! :D

Excellent explore, Skittles, and good photos considering how bad the light was. Love castles meself but not explored an abandoned one yet.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
Posted below is a link to some video I took

I only did very limited editing and tried to post as one file but had trouble hosting

Link One

LINK TWO

Last edited:
Thanks its a huge place 120 rooms, but we could only get into the main bit. The rest is just as bad.

The videos have a problem as the first one is just over 6 minutes long the second is over 7 minutes. Why they come out at 13.32 ?

Latest posts

Back