Blean ROC outpost, Kent, sort of!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tank2020

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Last edited:
Given that its that part of the world, my money would be on that being an orchard being planted or coppiced. This would not be untypical of the Kent ROCs, (Eythorne and Barham are both in the middle of wheat and corn fields from memory, for example). Would be interesting to see what others thought though.
GDZ

Had a wonder up to the outpost, fantastic views over Seasalter, Faversham, to the Isle of Sheppey, Sheppey always looks a lot better at a distance. See below a few pics of the outpost, although they all look the same, just the locations change.
I didnt wonder down the ladder as I understand the Woodland Trust are using the site as a bat home, and all the gubbins are well gone.

In regard to the patterns reffered to at the start of the post, it seems they are patterns from the planting of shrubs by the Woodland trust. No aliens :(

DSC06698.jpg

DSC06704.jpg

DSC06705.jpg

DSC06712.jpg

DSC06713.jpg

DSC06715.jpg

Some piccies of the view from up there.Can only imagine the sights seen by the guys who used to sit up there days on end.

DSC06741.jpg

DSC06749.jpg

DSC06764.jpg

Back