The iggly piggly house

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This farmhouse I visited has to be one of the most dangerous I have been in.the house looked like it was originally two houses converted into one.i might be wrong.it had two sets of staircases.the house is suffering severe subsidence.all the bottom rooms have acro props holding the upstairs up.there was even props on the outside laying on the ground pushing the walls in because they are sliding sideways.i think the whole thing will eventually collapse.i braved the upstairs.i could feel the boards underfoot very brittle.i for once did not hang around up there.the house is mainly empty but some nice decay and features.the rooms were all shapes with walls leaning in and out.

image_zpsmiobabfy.jpg

image_zps5aph6do3.jpg

image_zps5c4zychq.jpg

image_zpsmc8e2zk7.jpg

image_zpsedtdlew6.jpg

image_zpsmzmjzjl5.jpg

image_zpsxoxcnyks.jpg

image_zpsvs8oclxu.jpg

image_zpsfkwdxii1.jpg

image_zpsa8dp6gb7.jpg

image_zps1ny0cbl0.jpg

image_zpsaazrzpm9.jpg

image_zpshstfba7c.jpg

image_zpsvx45yrzd.jpg

image_zpso53yne5b.jpg

image_zps2o9f2yjv.jpg

image_zpssshb14li.jpg

image_zpssrculgc3.jpg

image_zpsgoghk7pf.jpg

image_zpsbrqziaxk.jpg

image_zpsqnltsa1e.jpg

image_zpst5ysxk2s.jpg

image_zpsfyjwdoxr.jpg

image_zpsv3wirnss.jpg

Nice set there. I particularly like the window shot.

Not sure I'd have braved the drum/acroprop combo myself.

Oh I wouldn't, well not now anyway but back in the day when I was fitter and a few stones lighter..... Proper Job Mikey, Thanks

It looks like this house is just about ready to collapse, going by the cracks in the wall. But somebody is trying to save it with that much supports being fitted.

Bloody hell, that looks like once strong gust of wind in the wrong direction could topple it. Great pics though, love the window shot with the sun coming through, and the one of the range cooker. Cheers.

Great set there Mikey, loving the decay but does look a bit sketchey not sure how long it will be standing tho.

Thank you all.I did think I might go through a floor at any point

That has that lived in look doesn't it.

Nice pics I really like the one with sunbeam through the window.

Top work.

Jeez, what an awesome find... Lucky you didn't fall through the boards or get crushed by the dodgy walls, you're braver than most of us for venturing in there haha. Funny how every fireplace there looks like its given up and emptied itself out !

Excellent, love the sign on the first photo, bit of a no no with the barbed wire round the gate some one could hurt themselves. I have to love the pit props used to hold up the place, they look like they contravene H&S for a start. Can't see it being much longer before the whole lot comes down

Excellent, love the sign on the first photo, bit of a no no with the barbed wire round the gate some one could hurt themselves. I have to love the pit props used to hold up the place, they look like they contravene H&S for a start. Can't see it being much longer before the whole lot comes down

Judging by the placement of the acrow props and steel drums, this place has been shored up by somebody very well versed in securing dangerous buildings. Whilst shoring up in this manner is used to prevent collapse during repairs, it is also used to prevent total collapse during partial and ordered demolition prior to conservation works. In this case probably the eventual removal and replacement of the rotten ceiling/first floor beams. The base of the drum spreads the weight over a greater area and does not bend or bow like a piece of timber would, causing localised stress points and floor penetration. As for the barbed wire on the gate - you've been warned, so don't climb over it! Deserve all you get if you are daft enough to ignore the notice, clearly the path leads to a derelict and dangerous structure. But then warnings like this are not meant for Mikey and his fellow wanderers, as they say 'Who dares wins'!

Very nice photographs Mikey, I liked this set especially. Nice to see the old tractor rear wheel grip aid in the last photo, could be a real bastard to get on and off in wet and muddy conditions. the property could have been two houses originally, but some properties were built with this arrangement as 'one' property in the original build - large farming families and their servants or even extended at a later date to house a growing family plus servants. Seen both setups in my travels, would have to see the floor plans to make a more detailed answer.

Thank you fr the additional info as always.it's a real puzzle on the house if it was originally one or two properties.the upstairs could be repaired with a fair bit of work.god knows about the gable end.it's leaning out at an alarming rate

Latest posts

Back