The BEFORE and AFTER Thread

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seahorse

Grumpy auld mod.
Reaction score
Not sure if this has been done before, but I can't find anything similar. So here goes...

Before - D Street in Boddam...
3606395547_e29a659539_o.jpg

After - Now called Russell Street...
3607215202_3e122090dd_o.jpg

Needs more research or else Silverstealth will have a mardy :)

Good idea; I've got some of my parents holiday snaps from the 1960's in various European cities that I've tried to retake now. I'll have get some scanned.

blythesm.jpg

Conditioning House, Bradford 1920's

blythe2008sm.jpg

blythemergedsm.jpg

Old and new merged.

clerks1927sm.jpg

The clerks office 1920's

clerksofficesm.jpg

clerksmergedsm.jpg

Old and new merged.

admincorridor1910cropsm.jpg

High Royds central corridor 1910's

lookingtothememorialdec2007maincorr.jpg

lookingtothememorialmaincorridordec.jpg

Merged.

Ward15Corridorsm.jpg

High Royds ward 15 corridor, 1910's

ward15corridor2008bestsm.jpg

ward15corridormergedbestsm.jpg

Merged

ward15sm.jpg

Ward 15, 1910's

ward15wallsm.jpg

The same spot 2008, even the door is open to the same extent.

1905and2008sm.jpg

Merged.​

good shots from you all
im working on a project the same as this at the moment
of were i live from the 1900,s to present day

Nicely done with those merged shots - how many goes did it take to get them spot on?

Nicely done with those merged shots - how many goes did it take to get them spot on?

I took the originals with me and took ages attempting to put myself in the same spot as the original photographer, height angle etc then of course I had no idea what lens was used originally which could have made a real difference to perspective. In the end I just trusted to instict more than anything and they came out ok apart from the ward 15 one which required me going back specifically to get just right.

The hardest bit was finding the location to match the photos in relation to the ward 15 set as I had no idea when the postcards arrived where they were taken in the hospital.

I took the originals with me and took ages attempting to put myself in the same spot as the original photographer, height angle etc then of course I had no idea what lens was used originally which could have made a real difference to perspective. In the end I just trusted to instict more than anything and they came out ok apart from the ward 15 one which required me going back specifically to get just right.

The hardest bit was finding the location to match the photos in relation to the ward 15 set as I had no idea when the postcards arrived where they were taken in the hospital.

the originals could well be done on large format cams so the lens size would have been 120mm roughly for large format

the originals could well be done on large format cams so the lens size would have been 120mm roughly for large format

That makes sense because my feeling was the original from ward 15 was taken from a lot further back in the room than I first thought, I used a wide angle lens to take the "now " photos which was fine to a point but left some areas not quite right..

All trial and error..:)

Latest posts

Back