Birmingham Battery and Metal Company Feb 2009

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dystopia

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I stalk the fringes of humanity and dwell amongst
This was my first explore of 2009 and I went with Alley. There isn't much left of this place but it does hold plenty of paperwork and it was a welcome fix for me because I hadn't been out exploring since last year and was longing for the joy of abandonment and the delightful fragrance of dereliction. It was a beautiful day-sunny and freezing just how I like it. :D Thanks to Bubblehead for telling us about this place.

Something from the 80's.
2009_0820epicfailweekend0044.jpg

If you worked here long enough, you'd have your own certificate.
2009_0820epicfailweekend0049.jpg

An eternity of reading for the eternally bored....although I'm betting there'd be some interesting stuff in there if you had the time to sift through the lot.
2009_0820epicfailweekend0050.jpg

Look at the shape of the roof! :eek:
2009_0820epicfailweekend0059.jpg

Rest in peace...Alley said that this poor guy probably got trapped and died like this. Although they're filthy disease ridden things, that's not a nice way to go. :(
2009_0820epicfailweekend0054.jpg

I was talking about how at British Sugar there were labels that sounded naughty. We couldn't find anything to laugh at like school children so we made our own. :p
2009_0820epicfailweekend0089.jpg

There was still some snow left outside! :D I love peering out of windows in abandoned places.
2009_0820epicfailweekend0061.jpg

Got to love archways.
2009_0820epicfailweekend0064.jpg

2009_0820epicfailweekend0069.jpg

Calender from 1959
2009_0820epicfailweekend0077.jpg

The junkie's study...this place had its fair share of needles and evidence of squatters.
2009_0820epicfailweekend0072.jpg

Someone I chat to online absolutely adores Chem Lab so I took this pic for him. If anyone here is also a fan, this image is for you too. ;)
2009_0820epicfailweekend0090.jpg

The exterior shot with the beautiful ivy snaking up the walls...this place must have been all seven shades of awesome when the whole thing stood.
2009_0820epicfailweekend0100.jpg

To see the rest of the trip, go here: http://i142.photobucket.com/albums/r92/Dystopian_Wanderer/Birmingham Battery and Metal Company 2009/

I like the look of this place even though it's slightly trashed. The last shot looks like an asylums admin :lol:

Nice photo's I went here a few monts ago. had to make 2 trips first time was interested with thugs smashing it to pieces,

http://wedealindreams.deviantart.com/gallery/#UrbanX

there are some shots i took anyways
We got a bit uneasy thinking that there may have been people squatting on the bottom floor. Thankfully we saw no one and no one saw us. You from The West Midlands way? I'm from Walsall. It's crap.

Yeah I live pretty much round the corner from that place.
I would image there's a good few places to visit in Walsall.
I used to record in a studio on Walsall and all round there seemed quite derelict.

Hi was wondering how you were able to get into this location? got a photoshoot tomorrow and think it would be a great location
cheers

Hi was wondering how you were able to get into this location? got a photoshoot tomorrow and think it would be a great location
cheers

For the second time in 5 minutes, if you gotta ask for access details in 2 of your 3 posts, you're in the wrong place!

Latest posts

Back