Derelict Places

Go Back   Derelict Places > Location Visit Reports > Overseas Sites

Old 21st Mar 12, 14:15
Weeto
Veteran Member

Default The naughty Swiss, and their camouflaged fortifications

As i was out working in switzerland over Autumn i came across a couple of nifty camouflaged fortifications.

The first near Pierre du Moelle is certainly too large to be called a pillbox and is part of a chain of defences inside an area still used for excercises, only managed one camera phone pic. This position is well backed up by two visible emplaced artillery positions on surrounding mountain side.

Secondly located at a high point of an Alpine meadow at Profendaz is this beauty.

Good Camouflage as an Alpine Hut

View into the valley from above the pillbox, just out of shot to the right is Lake Geneva

If anyone else has any info or even some more Swiss fortification pics feel free to add them on here.
Thanks as always

-----
All my Urbex Pics are here http://s639.photobucket.com/albums/uu116/jmoseley1981/

If lifes a rollercoaster let me the f**k off.

Number of replies to this post: 2
Register or login to see full thread with replies.