Hello

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexandrastarr

Reaction score
Im Alexandra, from norfolk, now in cambridgeshire, nearly 40 but has a mental age of about 12, and an even lower iQ :(

I suppose i have been urbexing since my early teens, the old motorcylce showroom nearby, and the large grand houses which stood in secluded grounds nearby, as well as the big pub round the corner from our old house. Last year i managed t get into an empty hotel in my hometown, under one of the beds was a horde of mice, im not scared of mice but there were loads and i dropped my camera onto them, it didnt break :)

I still do it but not as often as id like to, though raf upwood is very close by so i tend to go there a lot, though a word of caution, they now lock the gates at night, and not even very late either, i was there 2 weeks ago just after 6pm, lovely golden evening sun light, was only there for an hour and when i returned to my car i could see the main gates were closed, no sign of life in the industrial complex nearby, and i had no mobile phone, i was fkt!

I managed to get the attention of a passer by who called the police for me, security number on gates was not connecting, the police were lovely though, and got in touch with security to let me out, 2 hours later and i was free lol the sec man was a bit arsey at first, but when he saw i was genuinely distressed, he chilled a bit, even smiled bless him.

Most memorable moment was visiting raf raynham on the off chance, i even waited for the lithuanian security guard to come along (he did after 25 minutes) asked if i culd come in to take photos, he looked confused, so i did the international sign language for "i want to take pics!" by cupping my hands to my face and wagging the right hand index finger on an imaginary shutter release, that did it, he agreed so i drove right into the complex and decided id make the most of my time there, though it was very late on a summer evening, i had an hour of daylight.

I had my Funto serviced the week before, and when i found the massive air strip at raynham, all top gear like, i decided to do a clarkson and throw the yellow fun machine around the runway, going as quick as i dare, which isn't that quick really, but id never drive like that on the roads, and it was quite a rush.

Though i didnt manage to get into any buildings, i was there until it got pitch dark so i made tracks. Hope to go again pretty soon.

Now might be a god time to mention my gender, its female, despite me having a male body, i am currently on a waiting list to see the gender identity clinic in london, and wish to transition from m2f asap, and have been living in the female role for a year or two now.

I am very confident, i go urbexing alne, though have taken friends before, mostly im on my tod, but i have never had any trouble from chavs or pikies while exploring, though im very approachable, often stop to talk to other explorers or locals, locals are a fab source of info.

In the next 4 weeks i hope to make the pilgrimage to St Johns, Lincoln, looks such a beautiful place, quite surreal, as most do, but theres something really special about that place.

Anyway, thats me, after years of looking at the forums bt never signing up, i thought now was a good time to :)

7089243303_693fd27390.jpg

hayyyy and welcome along...great intro..as for gender "who cares , get them reports up look forward to seeing them" great to have another female onboard to flutter them eyelashes at the lovely seccu!

Back