"Mistaken Identity" drain -Birmingham

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lightbuoy

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Visited this place just as it was getting dark with Reaperman (thanks to Jondoe for the directions!) :)
This was my second trip into a drain (the first being earlier on the same day).
Was a great little explore (although confusing how we emerged right next to where we'd entered!!!) :confused:

DSCN3406.png

DSCN3408.png

DSCN3409.png

Trick or treat? :p;)
DSCN3412.png

DSCN3415.png

DSCN3416.png

DSCN3420.png

Sewer (on right) alongside "Mistaken Identity" drain
DSCN3422.png

DSCN3430.png

DSCN3436.png

DSCN3438.png

More lovely brickwork..........
DSCN3434.png

Barrel vaulted brickwork (we think this is under a canal-side factory)
DSCN3445.png

DSCN3442.png

DSCN3446.png

DSCN3447.png

A great way to end an excellent day's exploring in great company! :)

Lb:cool:

P.s. -here's a tip = when exploring drains, don't wear wellies with "supa slick" ice grips!!) :eek::eek::eek:

ooooooooooooooooooooh, now i'm definitely wishing I hadn't gone up to Sainsbury's lol. Loving the brickwork, all those arches, and drains etc. brilliant. Did you come out the same entrance as you went in?
And how far do both the tunnels go? looks great.

Looks like i have to make a trip back down to brum again now seeing your pics. (must also invest in some waders now as well lol).

Cheers,

:) Sal

The brickwork looks really good, if ever you dont mind someone tagging along I would love to come up and have a look round brum as well, after missing the official weekend I need to get out and do some stuff soon.

S

MOney is the big problem for me, and our landlord is causing moat of it, we are not supposed to have our dogs, and the landlord wants to redecorate the enitre house next month, so we have to kennel them for two weeks, puts a strain on the wages.

:(

S

Ah nice one mate, looks pretty interesting - should have joined you really!

You did alright with the pictures too, especially considering lack of tripod.

Did this today myself, again with thanks to jondoe for advice on location and safety *thumbs up* nice guy

Want to go back again and do much more of it. were there for hours and due to taking photos while we went...didnt get far. next time shall leave camera at home:)

anyone interested in doing the whole drain system, give me a shout.

Latest posts

Back