Our Severalls Unsuccessful Attempt!

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After having had Severalls on our list for some time now, we decided to give it a go despite the fact we are quite possibly a year or two late!? If not even more!? Any advice, previous experiences we'd love to hear! Never the less, we can't see it standing there much longer so at least we tried & got so near yet so far! Well and truly fenced off, with a sign quite a few heavy warning signs regards trespassing.
We did manage a couple of what we think maybe just villas, if anyone knows otherwise though do get in touch! not really that interesting but at least accessible! The only one we got to know what it was, was the Library due to the engraving and date... No chance what so ever though :-(

I won't waste too much time with the history on the place as I know its been done to death in the past, but it closed in 1997, but some buildings are actually still in use as we saw... Absolutely huge site to still be pretty much in tact like this. I think a housing group or something has started building on part of the grounds? Rosewood but I don't think its on any part of the actual site?...

Anyway please msg me, if there are any future trips or meet ups, would be useful to know! Before its gone for good!

On with the few pics, we'd gone quite well equipped to be fair (Apart from a wire cutter, a huge ladder and a skeleton key) So actually probably went unequipped! so came away fairly disappointed!

I think the thing I had been looking most forward to was the photo of those symetrical, interwinding corridors! Am sure you all know what I mean, So :-( Pretty gutted! Anyway, you win some, loose some!

Not too happy on my pics, as wasn't where I wanted to be, or what I expected! It was a heat wave day as well which didn't help! Hope you enjoy anyway...

DSC_1212 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1211 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1210 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1209 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1206 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1204 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1203 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1202 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1201 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1198 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1193 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1192 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1190 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1187 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1186 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1185 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1182 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1179 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1176 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1175 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1173 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1172 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

DSC_1171 by elladiandolini, on Flickr

Thanks! Just not quite what I was looking for! Don't know the area so wouldn't have known where else seemed to run out of possibilities but hope to be back shortly!

You got some nice atmospheric shots, no shame at all posting those up.

On with the few pics, we'd gone quite well equipped to be fair (Apart from a wire cutter, a huge ladder and a skeleton key) So actually probably went unequipped! so came away fairly disappointed!

You don't need and shouldn't take any of those things, they can potentially get you into serious bother. Best advice is turn up early when there aren't a lot of folk going around, have a good walk around the perimeter and figure out how others might have got in. If you train your eye to recognise the easiest way to get over or under the fence, that may help. :)

Silhouette, I experienced the same thing in the last week.
The security was pretty tight, I'm gonna do a post about it now.
There was still something eerie about the buildings on the outside.
You have some really decent shots here I wouldn't be too gutted.

You appear to be admitting to breaking and entering, a criminal offence. Not a good idea...

To be fair it looks like you got into the side most of us don't go to so it's nice to see that side for a change.

Latest posts

Back