Wingfield Station, November 2013

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wakey Lad

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Built in 1840 and closed 1967. The station name was carved in gilt lettering on the facade, around an ornamental clock. The station appears to have been used for storage at some point and is in very poor condition. Christian Barman, who wrote one of the first studies of railway architecture, called it 'the most perfect of all station houses'.

Thanks for looking​

Crikey your right about used for storage,ace looking building thanks for sharing.

Literally you can't move inside this place there's that much junk - Still, amazing building - There's not many stations like this left :)

Very nice indeed. My mum gave me a typewriter just like that in fully working order - it was VERY heavy. I'm still kicking myself for throwing it in a skip about 10 years ago :'(

Very nice indeed. My mum gave me a typewriter just like that in fully working order - it was VERY heavy. I'm still kicking myself for throwing it in a skip about 10 years ago :'(

Hindsight is a wonderful thing fella lol!

Back