FH Manor - May 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Priority 7

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Firstly a big thanks to Tank2020 and Urbexdad for ideas on parking for this site. I had been looking for an excuse to visit the manor since I had seen the reports and tracked down the location. A little history -

This Manor house was owned by a jeweller-turned-property developer called who, having suffered a short period of blindness, used his fortune to found a charity. In later life, however, he did almost lose his sight in an accident. By now he had grown rich from the fruits of his property empire, and taken on some of the trappings of a country gentleman.
He had a 1,500-acre country near Maidstone, Kent. It was there that his chauffeur accidentally shot him in the eye during a shooting party. His sight was saved at Maidstone Hospital. It was possibly this incident that inspired him to leave his estate to a charity for the blind.

fh032.jpg

fh028.jpg

fh024.jpg

fh023.jpg

fh022.jpg

fh021.jpg

fh016.jpg

fh015.jpg

fh005.jpg

fh004.jpg

fh009.jpg

fh001.jpg

Visited with Coverturbex

glad someone else has done it, nice shots aswel :)
myself and DMG15 parked outside no problems :D

You're good at noticing and takingphotos of the smaller details - stuff that I only spot on 2nd and 3rd visits.

I wish OMJ, we spent quite some time in the Manor I read enough reports on this place to get a good idea of what I wanted pics of and took time to check I had missed nothing...I am sure I missed loads though... :)

Quote:
This Manor house was owned by a jeweller-turned-property developer called who, having suffered a short period of blindness, used his fortune to found a charity. In later life, however, he did almost lose his sight in an accident. By now he had grown rich from the fruits of his property empire, and taken on some of the trappings of a country gentleman.
He had a 1,500-acre country near Maidstone, Kent. It was there that his chauffeur accidentally shot him in the eye during a shooting party. His sight was saved at Maidstone Hospital. It was possibly this incident that inspired him to leave his estate to a charity for the blind.

Which then went on too leave the mansion to fall to bits???

If so the charity obviously does not need money, otherwise they would have valued its donation more.

Fab report!

Cant keep up with our reports mate!
Don't ya think the stained glass designs are really similar to the style we saw in Ipswich?
Fantastic photos and report as per usual :p

Latest posts

Back