RAF Newton (control tower) - May '08

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr Sam

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
having done the living quarters mess rooms and function rooms back in Feburary and not even laying eyes on the control tower i was keen to have a close look, goldie87 and myself took a drive over to the otherside on a sunny sunday afternoon

DSC_0194.png

DSC_0196.png

DSC_0200.png

DSC_0432.png

glad to of seen it before it gets turned into offices :(

Love those art deco control towers.

Watch Office with Met Section
2328/39 (concrete) and 5845/39 (brick)

Designed for the Expansion Period Permanent Stations in the contemporary Art Deco fashion. Styled to look like the top hamper of a streamlined ocean going liner, are these the only Control Towers with portholes?! Ground floor extends forward to support balcony, upper floor has curved corners.

Above from.
http://www.controltowers.co.uk/Tower%20Designs.htm

B ;)

Thought I would add a few photos of other parts of the place, some not that often seen.

rn45.jpg

The boiler room, you can't tell from this photo but its quite big. There are two remaining, but there was once many more.

rn44.jpg

Boilers control panel

rn55.jpg

Block near the main entrance

rn46.jpg

Funky window

rn43.jpg

One of the hangars doors

rn47.jpg

Signage on one of the hangars

looks like another good day i missed.:(

ah well theres always next time as this place nver gets old theres still so mch to see.:mrgreen:

did you get inside that building?

I think we could have if we had been bothered too, but the windows you would have to climb in were not that big. I took a look and decided i couldn't be bothered trying lol

Latest posts

Back