Harford chalk mines

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeymutt

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Norwich is full of chalk mines,many are now filled in and sealed up..this one at harford is situated on the outskirts of Norwich and was the last one to close down..I visited with a none member and this was my first explore underground,sorry about a few selfies but you can't help yourself.

image_zps101f527b.jpg

image_zps091043cc.jpg

image_zpse791cc84.jpg

image_zps77bfb2f4.jpg

image_zps279fc1f9.jpg

image_zpsd577bd0e.jpg

image_zps87fefbcf.jpg

image_zpsadc3f035.jpg

image_zps24888acf.jpg

image_zpsb6dd61d2.jpg

image_zpsde760d1d.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Nicely lit for your first time underground! Interesting to see something other than limestone and slate.

Nicely lit for your first time underground! Interesting to see something other than limestone and slate.

Thank you krela..I was practicing taking long exposures with a torch.so quite pleased..all we got around here is chalk,so you won't get much slate :)

Once again Mm, outstanding work considering you're practising long exposure. That mine is one of the best out of the chalk mines in Norwich, and extends some 1.6 kilometres under Eaton golf course. I had a hell of a scare down there on my first visit when we were around 1 km in the air became very stale and thin. I had difficulties breathing and had to get out as fast as!. In saying, that it's a wonderful labyrinth of history and ... well chalk. Very well done, and keep the good stuff coming!... loving your style.:)

Latest posts

Back