Thames Tunnels - Branch A & B

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alias

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
This was my first Under the Thames tunnel experience and it did not dissapoint, these tunnels are stunning. Took a while to get into them/ find access to them but once in the sheer size astounded me and the depth was also impressive, anyway pics:

_LON0036.jpg

_LON0034.jpg

_LON0031.jpg

_LON0029.jpg

_LON0028.jpg

_LON0027.jpg

_LON0024.jpg

Alias​

Hi Alias, great pictures. I don't mean to sound daft, but what are the tunnels actually for? Also, what's with all the bits of metal sticking out?

Amazing as ever. This is inspiring. Makes me determined to do more underground stuff this year. Thanks for sharing these pictures.

You already know I think these are great Alias :mrgreen:

With regards to the use of the tunnels, all the little metal things stick out I'm guessing are for supporting different rows of cables on a temporary or long-term basis perhaps? In Photos 1 & 2 you can see that a supply cable is being supported along a row of the arms on the right.

thanks guys.

with regards to where they are....London is all I am going to say

I actually met a guy the other day who used to work installing the cables along the tunnels, they used to hate anyone else coming down into them so used to fill them with smoke when other peoploe came down to put them off.

Ive been to these tunnels before.

They were used by the Electricity boards to carry cabling, under the Thames to London.....the racks were used to hold the cables.

There are also steam tunnels under the Thames as well, from Battersea Power Station

Its a nice little trip underground though.

Nice pictures

Last edited by a moderator:
V, i have had to cut down your post a bit as it was on the border of giving out access details.

very different

Thats fantastic, I haven't done much tunnels generally, but I would give my right nut* for some of that

*NOT Legally Binding, the nut has great sentimental value and I am really quite attached to it

stunning pics as usual dude! The chamber in the last one is a true "whoaaa!" moment!

Latest posts

Back