Pillboxes

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monkeyfist

Reaction score
Just joined, having only just found the site. I am undertaking a photographic project recording pillboxes. Have yet to discover how to use site properly, eg size of photos etc. Have visited and photographed well over a hundred sites so far in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cumbria, Lancashire and Cambridgeshire. Anybody assist on how to upload images?:)

Just joined, having only just found the site. I am undertaking a photographic project recording pillboxes. Have yet to discover how to use site properly, eg size of photos etc. Have visited and photographed well over a hundred sites so far in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex, Cumbria, Lancashire and Cambridgeshire. Anybody assist on how to upload images?:)

Welcome to the site.

Read the Help and FAQ section. Krela has provided the Photobucket procedure there.

If you're still struggling with it after that, post again in this thread and someone will assist you. :)

Have a look under the Forums tab. In there you will find a Help & FAQ section. Basically you will need an account with Photobucket or the like to post photo's. Usually it is best to post pics up at say about 800 by 600. This size will then not be too slow on opening with those who have a slower BB connection. Hope that helps. :)

Welcome to the site.

Read the Help and FAQ section. Krela has provided the Photobucket procedure there.

If you're still struggling with it after that, post again in this thread and someone will assist you. :)

Sorry Munchh we must seem to have posted more or less at the same time :p

Welcome to the site Monkeyfist. I'm looking forward to seeing the pictures and if you know of any sites that are not recorded in the Defence of Britain database I'd love to know their whereabouts.

Sorry Munchh we must seem to have posted more or less at the same time :p

:lol: No probs mate, we're all just such helpful people aren't we. I saw the word 'pillboxes' and just homed in myself. Plus I wanna see his pics :mrgreen:

To Monkeyfist; couple of other things for you to consider. I can see you're in a hurry to get something up? I would advise against rushing and I'm sure alf and the others would too.

Get a bit of history about each location into your reports for context. You will get more positive reactions if you tell us a bit about your pics. Try to make sure your history is correct. There's a lot of experts on here who will be kind but will put you right if you don't.

Try not to make your reports too pic heavy. 12 - 15 pics on one pillbox is generally about right I reckon. See cptpies post on The Arun-Ouse Stopline for a cracking example of how to present a pic heavy report.

A lot of it is just common sense. If you spend a bit of time looking around the site first, you'll get an idea of what makes a report interesting. I usually draft my posts offline in MS Word btw.

I agree with alf on 800 x 600 pic size.

Oh and most importantly, read the forum posting rules.

Other than that, enjoy. Looking forward to seeing your first report. :)

:lol: No probs mate, we're all just such helpful people aren't we. I saw the word 'pillboxes' and just homed in myself. Plus I wanna see his pics :mrgreen:

Try not to make your reports too pic heavy. 12 - 15 pics on one pillbox is generally about right I reckon. See cptpies post on The Arun-Ouse Stopline for a cracking example of how to present a pic heavy report.

Man do you wan to bore us all that would cover around 3 -4 pillboxes, I felt I bored people with my Thames set.
Welcome along mate , look forward to seeing your photo's :)

Latest posts

Back