Swanbourne Railway station

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Labb

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I visited this place in october 2009. Swanbourne is a disused railway station that served the villages of Swanbourne, Little Horwood and Mursley in north Buckinghamshire. It is on the disused Varsity Line.

The line was buildt in 1850's and was closed 1.1.1968. The line is very overgrown, but there are talks about reopening the line. Today there is a single track line, but it used to be double track.

IMG_0350.jpg

Img_0328.jpg

Img_0323.jpg

Img_0312.jpg

Img_0330.jpg

Img_0336.jpg

Img_0342.jpg

Img_0315.jpg

Excellent stuff Labb and congrats on you first shots. Thats a very tidy little station mate!

Thank you, Black Shuck. Glad you like the shots.

This is my second post. The first one was several month ago, called Car Graveyard in Sweden.

Sorry mate, I have never read that one. You know Disused Railways are my favourite and thats beautiful. Is L.N.E.R mate?

Swanbourne station is one of the many small stations on the Oxford to Cambridge line. I was told by the man who owns the station building that it was part of the LNWR.

Ahathe Old London and North Western. A very large company indeed. I will be visiting an L.M.S.R Line shortly.

Great pics, even though it's partly overgrown in areas it's in great condition :) so nice to see that, thanks for posting them :)

Wonderful stuff and good to see some still intact. I must sort out the one in wales I have been following along:)

Apparently the whole section between Calvert Junction and Newton Longville Tip is abandoned but in-situ., that must be a good 10 or 15 miles. Really must get down there sometime.

Nice pics, thanks for sharing these. I love stuff like this. :)

Someone call vegetation control :mrgreen:

Nice shots there Labb, was this one of the lines dear old Beeching closed?

Personally i think it'd be brilliant if they opened up a few of the old lines and ran some 'proper' locos like kettles (steam locos to the uninitiated) or maybe a few of the old diesels... None of these ugly, noisy and polluting voyagers or those pendolinos that make you seasick :sick:!!

There's a few old lines going off near where i live, perhaps i should get off my lazy butt and go check them out :question:

This line was not included in Dr. Beeching's plan. It was the Bristish Railway Board that closed the line. We can blame Dr. Beeching for the closure of many lines, but not this one.

Latest posts

Back