Western Outworks, Kent - December 2014

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlimJim

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Here's a few from a recent scuttle about :mrgreen:

Visited with our own Prickly_buzz.

After a bit of a fail earlier that morning, involving a popped fun dinghy and a 2 hour+ traffic jam (jerk cops made a blockade in Dover that caused miles of disruption) we decided we'd get a nice dose of Western Heights goodness!

So on with a few pics for you good folks!

Having a quick peep in the magazines for the Citadel Battery. I didn't really get any of the battery in digital format other than this one, but I'll post my analogue shots once I get them processed in the new year :)
Tunnel Rats by SlimJim UE, on Flickr

Approaching the Outworks.
DSC03282 by SlimJim UE, on Flickr

Getting down the slippery, muddy chalk slopes and grass was...interesting. It just goes to show though that you're never too old to resort to sliding down a difficult slope on your arse :mrgreen:
If in Doubt - Slide on Your Bum! by SlimJim UE, on Flickr

There's some lovely staircases, arches and interesting lighting in here.
DSC03295 by SlimJim UE, on Flickr

DSC03290 by SlimJim UE, on Flickr

There's an odd barrel thing at the bottom of the stairs - does anyone know what it is?
DSC03303 by SlimJim UE, on Flickr

DSC03297 by SlimJim UE, on Flickr

There's a lot of graffiti everywhere...and crap graffiti at that. I suppose that this place has been taking a hammering since the 60s or 70s :mad:
DSC03313 by SlimJim UE, on Flickr

I believe the doorway at the top leads to another set of Outworks in the Western Heights. I didn't attempt the climb or even to stick my head up there, as everything was covered in thick pigeon poop!
DSC03323 by SlimJim UE, on Flickr

Thanks for looking,

SJ.

Nice pics mate, I'll get some of mine up tomorrow!

I look like such a stumble-bum coming down that slope, don't think I did bad seeing as I had a knee op only 4 weeks ago though!

Nice pics mate, I'll get some of mine up tomorrow!

I look like such a stumble-bum coming down that slope, don't think I did bad seeing as I had a knee op only 4 weeks ago though!

Yeah of the 5 or 6 photos I took of you coming down the slope, I picked that one because you looked the most awkward in it :mrgreen: haha! I do enjoy my urbex people shots :mrgreen: To be fair, the routes we took weren't exactly the most simple or easy...I only hope you're not suffering any consequences from it.

Nah, I'm 'ard 'ent I!

Pb son, you need to upload all of your pics! You got some real corkers!

Great shots!

The barrel thing looks like a small floating bouy!

That's what I thought, but it has like big holes/panels on the side of it. Undoubtedly it was shoved down the stairs by a vintage chav some years ago.

Right heres a few of what i managed to produce...

Main staircase
86ea467c16007f6e4b5c57f4fc35d534_zpsf35c48d7.jpg

SJ goin in head first..
DSC00508_zps60affb70.jpg

cit2_zps4a507a84.jpg

DSC00455_zps947d6cc8.jpg

DSC00449_zps8d238e73.jpg

DSC00448_zpsf9109446.jpg

Back