Perranporth Cornwall

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chaoticreason

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Amongst these few pictures are a smuggling tunnel,the remains of tin mining and what I think is a Second World defense base for Penhale camp and Perranporth Airfield.
The place is quite extensive and I did not to see it all as I was running out of daylight.

DSC02284-1.jpg

DSC02286.jpg

DSC02288.jpg

DSC02289.jpg

DSC02291.jpg

DSC02296.jpg

DSC02300.jpg

DSC02299.jpg

Do like that tough cold not tell you what the defences are as I'm at work, may well be part of a coastal battery :)

Blimey, that looks like a great site. A pity that most of it is mainly foundations, by the look of it, but some cool stuff there nonetheless.
Neat find, Chaotic. :) Will you be going back to take more pics at all?

Cheers foxylady.I will definitely be going back,as you say the best parts are mere foundations,I know there a few more buildings doted around the airfield,but I ran out of daylight and the other buildings are a good distance away.I hope they are somewhat more intact.:)

nice one Perranporth is a great little spot and many a summer have been spent there but never really thought about the derelict side of it back then, the cliffs are dotted with tunnels and stuff as well

Yes that looks like the remains of buddles, calciner and the stamps floor. Good post all the same :)

nice

Not forgetting the remains of Nobel's explosive works of course

plus the awesome mine" beach" adit and middle levels, need to go back soon

G

Thanks everybody,possibly next time I visit a site I will actually know what I'm looking at,though that seems somewhat doutbtful given my complete lack of history.The only thing I know much about is big old mansions having visited (before they bulldozed them all) and read about so many when living up Lincolnshire way.

Thanks everybody,possibly next time I visit a site I will actually know what I'm looking at,though that seems somewhat doutbtful given my complete lack of history.The only thing I know much about is big old mansions having visited (before they bulldozed them all) and read about so many when living up Lincolnshire way.

Have a look at this book - The Mining Heritage of Cornwall and West Devon. As there is so much left to see in your neck of the woods it will help in identifying the remains that are just waiting to be explored :)

Latest posts

Back