Southam Cement Works Jan '11

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mookster

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
After the Foundry visit our group headed to Southam to attempt the old cement works. A good explore of some of the site was had but a run-in with security plus dog put an end to our fun. I couldn't get the same buzz out of this place that I get out of other industry though, I don't know what it is about cement works they just don't do it for me at all. Everything looks a bit samey after a while coated in the cement dust which is absolutely everywhere and despite the hugeness of the drums etc I'm just not excited by them, odd really.

The production plant closed in 1999 but the quarry and parts are still very much active, lots of trucks and other plant machinery scattered around the place.

Thanks for looking more pics here http://www.flickr.com/photos/mookie427/sets/72157625932162380

Great Pics.

This is my home patch so I've been there loads of times.
Still remember the buzz I got climbing up to the top of the main silo building and then finding you could get down the covered walkway where the conveyor runs.

Security has been stepped up over the last couple of years. You used to be able to just walk round with very little risk of observation.

Latest posts

Back