Jag Manor/Lancashire Manor H Update : Aug 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mars Lander

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
When my nephew voiced some interest in my sploring adventures I suggested a visit to a certain fave northern splore of many of you guys .

I was shocked to see the state of it, When Luckypants and I visited here quite early in the year it wasn't pristine by any means but now its a right mess. We never posted our report of this place for all kinds of reasons.

I didn't have my cam on me on this last occasion only my hopelessy out of date mobile.

All those lovely heads in the hallway.....

header.jpg

are now smashed bar one

head.jpg

and most suprising was the wall and bannister to the left of the grand staircase just completely collapsed and taking out the little wood paneled library room!

collasped.jpg

IMG_5468.jpg

as of now...

collaspe.jpg

was a bit of an eye opener, the conservatory is getting pretty trashed too. Ah well I guess ultimatley this is the way things eventually go.​

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is rampant chavvery or the act of the weather. When we visited water was pouring into the library but although the upper floors were squelchy nothing much had collapsed in, the only execption being where that weird fire escape arrangement and inner stairs are.

It's so hard to be sure but if it is chavvery it just goes to show how discrete we need to be about giving away clues to site locations in the forum.

Hope you didn't fall through any floors Dave. We really must hook up soon BTW now I'm on the mend.

Thanks for the eye opener.

Bloody hell this place is in a very bad state! Cheers for posting an update as I was wondering just lastnight what the place was like now :(

As TeeJF saids, it's hard to work out if it's down to chavs or just the weather but with the "other" forum forcing it's name to me posted up even if it's not public, it was only a matter of time. As with all things, nothing can ever be kept quiet :mad:

TeeJF, were you not well? I had no idea! Hope you get better soon mate!

As TeeJF saids, it's hard to work out if it's down to chavs or just the weather but with the "other" forum forcing it's name to me posted up even if it's not public, it was only a matter of time. As with all things, nothing can ever be kept quiet :mad:

The floors will be probably due to the masses of rains we've had recently.

The heads and the rest, probably due to the sites name being forced into public on 'another' forum. :mad:

I think its a bit of both, the collapsing due to the dire weather and the vandalising of those fantastic heads by mindless tossers. Im glad i didnt venture with you on this occasion it would have been upsetting to see such wonderful features destroyed:cry:

I think in all fairness its not us giving away location its mindless local yob heads destroying what they find, should see some of the state of wolves

L x

I'm not sure if this is rampant chavvery or the act of the weather. When we visited water was pouring into the library but although the upper floors were squelchy nothing much had collapsed in, the only execption being where that weird fire escape arrangement and inner stairs are.

It's so hard to be sure but if it is chavvery it just goes to show how discrete we need to be about giving away clues to site locations in the forum.

Hope you didn't fall through any floors Dave. We really must hook up soon BTW now I'm on the mend.

Thanks for the eye opener.

didnt realise you was still ill but glad your on the mend, will have to do something soon, we off to Newquay for a week on sat SURFS UP DUDe lool.

Last edited:
With the amount of rain in this worst of summers we've had thats probably the floor gone, it is rather bizarre how solid the fioor felt only a month or so ago and looking at the splintered joists which looked pretty dry inside??? the rest of the upstairs floors altho damp in parts didnt appear to have any major give in them either, altho at the end of the corridor at the far end from the stairs the door frame is decidely skewed to one side with some cracks above the frame and surround walls , i wonder if perhaps there has been some subsidence which might explain it all better??

As for the heads , thats just mindless , the ones in the room next to them are ALL intact....for now.

Is this property definitely in a state where it is likely that it wouldn't be saved, even if one acquired it now in an attempt to restore?

Jesus.. I do not remember it being that bad when I went. I bet certain other 'bits' of the site have been trashed or even stolen now too...

I was in here, just about to post a report, 2 weeks ago and the upstairs bannister was on the floor , but that floor in your report had not totally collapsed :eek:

I suspect subsidence and someone I know reckons definitely subsidence.

Such a sad end to a beautiful building. A bit scarey too - really highlights the dangers of Urbexing. Glad to have some pics before this happened.

Latest posts

Back