Music maker's cottage, April 2014

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought it was a chemistry set or similar when I first picked it up, having not looked properly.On being told it was a penis enlarger, whilst holding the box I had a little fit and a scream :lol:

I can already picture your face as you picked it up thinking it was a chemistry set and then realising what it really was..and then a little scream ha ha :)

Hahaha Yes it made me smile too! was a bit shocked a first :lol:

A brilliant record of this place. The item you saw was one of the more benign devices that have been marketed since Victorian times. Imagine something similar and a vacuum cleaner hose being involved - the very thought brings tears to one's eyes. Sadly the indications are, that to the very lonely person that John obviously was, the device was more an 'auto arousal' than 'enlargement' device. So perhaps whilst we are having a good laugh at this lovely report, we might spare a thought for the sad and lonely man that lived there latterly.

For those that are interested - these devices were marketed as 'un-shatterable' because they were made from Pyrex glass, which is quite tough. Others were made from ordinary (bottle) glass and were quite thin - thus they cracked and broke very easily. Anybody who had contact with the night staff at a busy, inner city A & E in the 60's/70's would have heard enough horror stories - involving both male and female admissions, to have written a large book on the subject.

Or someone bought it for him as a joke, a secret santa, purely for amusement, whatever. He could have been a very happy man with a great sense of humour for all we know.

Your imaginings and musings are generally based on extremely tenuous assumptions, not any kind of fact.

A brilliant record of this place. The item you saw was one of the more benign devices that have been marketed since Victorian times. Imagine something similar and a vacuum cleaner hose being involved - the very thought brings tears to one's eyes. Sadly the indications are, that to the very lonely person that John obviously was, the device was more an 'auto arousal' than 'enlargement' device. So perhaps whilst we are having a good laugh at this lovely report, we might spare a thought for the sad and lonely man that lived there latterly.

For those that are interested - these devices were marketed as 'un-shatterable' because they were made from Pyrex glass, which is quite tough. Others were made from ordinary (bottle) glass and were quite thin - thus they cracked and broke very easily. Anybody who had contact with the night staff at a busy, inner city A & E in the 60's/70's would have heard enough horror stories - involving both male and female admissions, to have written a large book on the subject.

If I am honest I was in 2 minds whether to post it or not, but with your extensive knowledge of the product we are all a little bit wiser, which is what it's all about! :)

Latest posts

Back