Little Chef's leftovers

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tumble112

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Found this site while checking out another tip off very kindly provided by TeeJF which has sadly been demolished, (will someone please update google earth?). Turns out this is the site of the old northbound services at Abington on the old A74 road. It would appear that the old cottage and outbuildings were incorporated into the service area which by the time of its closure in the mid 90s consisted of a Little Chef restaurant and a Texaco filling station. The two more modern buildings are gone but there are plenty of reminders and some foundations along with remains of the old slip road still with double yellow lines.In another outbuilding the restaurants tables and chairs and groovy 70s light fittings lie rotting. Hope you enjoy... More at http://www.flickr.com/photos/107793356@N06/13199051653/

013 by tumble112, on Flickr
014 by tumble112, on Flickr
015 by tumble112, on Flickr
016 by tumble112, on Flickr
020 by tumble112, on Flickr
012 by tumble112, on Flickr
014 by tumble112, on Flickr
015 by tumble112, on Flickr
016 by tumble112, on Flickr
018 by tumble112, on Flickr
021 by tumble112, on Flickr
022 by tumble112, on Flickr

Last edited:
Yes, I agree with Flyboys. In some states in the US, major companies are fined if their litter or packaging is found on the streets. Not a bad idea to bring that in here - especially when businesses close down like this. The company should do a clear up.

I reckon when these companies leave these sites they should clean their shit up.

Amen! Trouble is, that involves them spending money with no prospect of a return, something most of these big companies wouldn't dream of doing. Frankly it stinks.:mad:

Sorry the other location info didn't pan out, it looked great on GE but of course a lot can change even in just a few months and land = money I guess. :(

Latest posts

Back