Alstom Social Club And Offices. 05.09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlelaura

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Once again, with the mysterious Site Manager/ Tour Guide... At the Alstom Factory in Leicestershire.
This was the social club for the Alstom Factory nearby, it weems to have been a handy place boasting a hairdressers, squash courts, doctors (?) and a club with function rooms and 2 bars all on site.
Has been closed for a few years and recently had a fire, mr tour guide says its facing demolition soon so we're making a second trip poste haste to do the larger brick buildings and some industrial stuff around the back.
Sorry the pics in the squash court are a bit iffy, i couldn't get anywithout all the dust catching in the light. Bah..

SDC13714.jpg

Anyone for a Retro Coctail ?
SDC13734.jpg

SDC13760.jpg

SDC13792.jpg

SDC13790.jpg

One of two squash courts, poo pic but you get the idea...
SDC13729.jpg

SDC13776.jpg

SDC13793.jpg

SDC13763.jpg

SDC13765.jpg

SDC13769.jpg

SDC13663.jpg

SDC13715.jpg

SDC13630.jpg

SDC13722.jpg

The obligatory self timer shot...
SDC13833.jpg

Last edited:
I know, some of the corridors and offices are full of deep pools of rain water too and everythings been ripped up. We came out with very wet feet, the state its in is very sad really.
Bet it was a fun place to have a pint after work too ! :)

You sure are getting the hang of this strange hobby arent you?Very nice report and pics.:)

Those cans look very mid 1980s, before Tango & Vimto had makeovers.

My parents had something with a similar patten to that very 1970s floral wallpaper.

Was there a chese & wine club there, looking at those labels?

We've been at it for years ! Its just I didnt find out it was a propper thing till recently so ive never posted things before, we just thought we were a pair of Oddball loners that clambered about in mucky places !

Latest posts

Back