New Offices - City House, Sheffield

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GPSJim

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
While on an epic explore day with Littlejohn, we'd already hit so many great locations with success and even a few with no luck. Before heading home we walked past this great building and thought we'd take a look around since it was obviously empty. We walked into the courtyard and with no pause we walked around a corner and...BOOM - we were in! We couldn't believe our luck! The first room we came to was the server room, all nicely lit-up, air conditioning running and a quite humming from the electrics. Littlejohn said, 'is this place live?' I answered 'even if it is I'm getting a selfie before we get thrown out!'

Just after that shot we realised there was a quiet beeping sound and agreed it was probably an alarm we'd triggered. Doing what most Urban Explorers do we continued our splore and searched for the stairs to try get to the roof. Just as we were about to give up hope I tried another door and, jackpot we found the stairs! But then, the loudest of loud sirens went off and we were deafened by the alarms going off. I looked out the glass doors we'd come to and there stood 2 young lads, obviously using the buildings courtyard to hide from the busy street while they rolled a spliff :) They were obviously shocked by the alarm going off and were trying to quickly put away their stuff. We opened the glass door from the inside and burst out into the courtyard where they were. The shock on their faces were classic, they'd been quietly tucked away trying to get high when suddenly the building alarm went off and 2 guys dressed in black and camo burst out of a door. Well, with a smile on my face I said to them the first thing that came to my mind 'was that you guys?' :)

Expecting the Police to turn up any second, we took our seat further up the road and watched. After 20 minutes the alarm had stopped (on the outside at least) and still no Police had arrived. After much conversation we both agreed that it was now or never to get this place photographed and we both agreed it would probably end with, at the very least a Police dog chase. But, we thought F**k it!

Walking straight to the door I'd previously opened from the inside, we walked through and immediately the alarm goes off again! Like something out of a film I shout 'Go Go Go!' and we bolted to the top of the building.

Unfortunately access to the roof was not possible, but we did go on every level and even in the main reception and boardroom. Quoting Littlejohn, we were setting off PIR's like Christmas trees! :) The one photo I got which was worth the trouble was the selfie in the boardroom - EPIC! Notice the camera behind me :)

Even the air conditioning was running

Taken with the alarm main control panel while it was going crazy! :)

Hope you enjoyed :)

Ha ha! Legend! :p
Lolled at every grinning pic!
Fantastic stuff dude, what an adventure and some great images too!
Hats off to ya, thanks for sharing :)

i watched formula e racing at the weekend,all about power saving etc.hell i even switch lights off as i leave rooms. this place makes a mockery of it all. well done for being brave there and seeing it out. shame on the owners was wastage

Great report. Really enjoyed reading and sounds like you both had a lot of fun setting alarms off :)

Yes!!!

Brilliant guys - well - makes me realise that It's time to move on from crawling under and over fences adn kick a bit more ass! :)

Latest posts

Back