House of fallen soldier, Cambs, Mar15

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wombat

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
First of three sites on another amusing day out with KM Punk & Frizman.

Thanks to Frizman for finding this one – he was going to call it Kylie cottage, after finding a Kylie calendar there. But it turns out this site has been done before, and known as House of the fallen soldier.

You never know if a derelict house is going to be empty or full of interesting gems. This was absolutely full of belongings of the former occupants, including personal photos & furniture, but unfortunately kids, vandals & thieves have long since raped the property.

The building is also showing signs of becoming structurally unsound.

Would be interesting to know the storey behind this place…

IMG_6462.jpg

IMG_6459.jpg

IMG_6452.jpg

IMG_6449.jpg

IMG_6445.jpg

IMG_6443.jpg

IMG_6441.jpg

IMG_6439.jpg

IMG_6456.jpg

IMG_6436.jpg

IMG_6435.jpg

IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6438.jpg

thanks for looking...

cheers wombat for an up to date post of this place, wondered how long it would be, it did have an onsite caravan soon after myself an cunningplans little trip, shortly after... good collection of shots though, that living room was packed of items, same as upstairs!

cheers wombat for an up to date post of this place, wondered how long it would be, it did have an onsite caravan soon after myself an cunningplans little trip, shortly after... good collection of shots though, that living room was packed of items, same as upstairs!

Thanks MB :)
I'd had a look through your report.
There was no caravan on site on our visit. The place was loaded full of belongings, but it had been ransacked, and the sofa ttipped over. There were loads of photos everywhere

Would be interesting to know the storey behind this place…

You have the location, and I suspect many pointers from the documentary remains in the house (names etc) to allow you to research the story. This one should be quite straight forward via land registry and old electoral rolls etc.

Latest posts

Back