Elvian School, Reading Feb '14

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mookster

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Yes another one from here! Seeing LittleOz's post spurred me on to organise a last minute little trip out today to revisit a location I first had a brief walk around in the tail end of 2010, only a few weeks after the main modern school building closed. That trip, both the older buildings were sealed tight so only externals happened but three-and-a-half years on I finally got in!

To say the place is a death trap would be kind to death traps, most of the flooring is long gone along with the windows, the highlight by far is the staircase in the Prep School which has miraculously survived pretty much intact. The Italianate-style Senior School has faired a lot worse and is only just hanging in there with some of the most extreme natural decay I've ever seen.

A nice chilled wander on what would have been an otherwise boring Sunday.

Prep School

Senior School

More here http://www.flickr.com/photos/mookie427/sets/72157640733053133/ :)

Nice clean shots, as always and you found some interesting angles I missed. The senior school is certainly past its best and I'm not sure what's holding those stairs up!

I can picture that heavy metal thing (fridge?) dropping through each floor to the bottom as they decay :p
I do love the carvings on the stairs!

Looks more like a safe, so even heavier.
Saying that it may already be on the ground floor anyway.

It is a safe (locked) so probably hasn't moved far from its original location, especially as it's as big as a fridge.

How does a building get into such a state after just 3 years?

The owners of this board should change the name to Crime Watch as the people responsible for just leaving these buildings should be exposed and made to repay the money lost to the tax payer.

Love the coloured glass in the 3rd and 4th pictures and the photos at the top and the foot of the stairs.
Awesome work.

Latest posts

Back