Pontins,Hemsby,Norfolk-?-10-09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevsy21

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Pontins in Hemsby nr Great Yarmouth shut in january 09 due to dwindling guests and the need for major investment.
Since i was passing the site with 10 mins to spare, thought i would grab some pictures.

Photo-0132.jpg

Photo-0137.jpg

Photo-0131.jpg

Photo-0135.jpg

Photo-0139.jpg

Photo-0122.jpg

Photo-0136.jpg

Photo-0134.jpg

Photo-0126.jpg

such a shame to see an end of era for such a great and large site

Last edited by a moderator:
next time you go have alook at queen vic etc as its good
the buildings are alarmed and have cameras

SORRY TO HIJACK THREAD BUT HERES SOME OF MINE
took from the road
IMGP8464.png

IMGP8481.png

TOOK FROM INSIDE THE COMPOUND
IMGP8641.png

IMGP8647.png

IMGP8667.png

Last edited:
Nice pics, cheers for posting. Love this place - used to go to the Dedbeat weekenders there when I was a student at UEA. Do you know what they're doing with the site?

A real pity this place is going to be pulled down. I did the Hesmby Rockabilly week-ender for years here. Great memories

Nice pics, cheers for posting. Love this place - used to go to the Dedbeat weekenders there when I was a student at UEA. Do you know what they're doing with the site?

the site was supposed to be sold to some company that owns other holiday camps but the deal fell through.
the general opinion seems to be that the land will be used for housing, there was still quite a few workmen around when i visited and not forgetting security.
no doubt, it will be left to rot in the meantime plus the chavs will start smashing it up.

such a shame this is closed....i used to stay here as a kid with my parent's had great time's here did you get any pic's of the boating lake near the middle of the site?fell in that many a time's while showing off to my younger brother lol they had captain croc here & my lil sister was alway's scared of him lol great pic's thank's for sharing (brought back some great memory's) marty

pontins did not own the site and the lease came to the end,the owners want to build houses on it

no other reason for it closing

cheers

pontins did not own the site and the lease came to the end,the owners want to build houses on it

no other reason for it closing

cheers

the situation was apparently, pontins had the choice to extend the lease but refused to due to the amount of investment the site needed.
a 3rd party approached the owner to take over the site as a holiday camp but the owner refused knowing he can make more money selling the land for housing

the situation was apparently, pontins had the choice to extend the lease but refused to due to the amount of investment the site needed.
a 3rd party approached the owner to take over the site as a holiday camp but the owner refused knowing he can make more money selling the land for housing

that what i said:lol: pontins finished the lease early the owner wanted 4x the rent

its all dodgy to be honest the land is owned by trevor hemmings, who once owned pontins i belive he still owns a small stake in pontins he is the one that is charging loads of money , he is the one destroying the pontins chain:mad: he also owns the blackpool tower and sh*t loads of race horses as they say money makes money he wouldnt understand people cant afford to go abroad all the time!!!:icon_evil

the site should be clear of workmen soon,as there can't be that much left to do? then security should become less and access should be easier for some good internal pics

has anyone passed this site recently, just wondering if any changes have taken place, such as demolition?

We went there for my Birthday in Aug 08 the last year of it opening and yes it was shabby but we had a great time and it's such as shame to see it like this and closed!

Pontins

Isnt this the holiday camp that featured in the well known oscar nominated film 'Holiday on the Buses'?

No!:) This is Pontins, just about 5 minutes down the road from me. Its never been on, On the Buses.

Back