Lucas Varity Testing facility, Warwickshire November 09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj9966

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The Lucas Varity test facility lies in the southwest corner of the disused airfield at Honiley Warwickshire that was once RAF Honiley.

Lucas Varity used the facility for vehicle testing up until they were taken over by TRW.

Prodrive now own the airfield had applied for planning permission for a £200 million, 200 acre motorsport facility called The Fulcrum which could evetually house the British Prodrive F1 team.

Following rule changes in F1 Prodrive's Formula 1 plans have been shelved indefinitley and redevelopment on the site seems to have stalled.

The site including the Prodrive automotive consultant offices at the north of the site now sits empty.

The testing faciltiy has not been used since it was vacated by Lucas in 1999, it has not suffered any vandalism I think due to it's remote location and there was plenty to see.

Here are some pictures.

DSCN1912.jpg

DSCN1885.jpg

DSCN1865.jpg

This room once housed a wind tunnel
DSCN1875.jpg

DSCN1856.jpg

DSCN1871.jpg

DSCN1895.jpg

DSCN1860.jpg

DSCN1887.jpg

DSCN1901.jpg

DSCN1905.jpg

DSCN1913.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks guys, it is an excellent place, very secluded hence it's good condition.

Did you get to see much of this place?

I looked around pretty much all of it,here are a few more pictures of the place.

Exhaust vents in the wind tunnel room
DSCN1884.jpg

And a few more random shots

DSCN1903.jpg

DSCN1848-1.jpg

DSCN1904.jpg

DSCN1879.jpg

DSCN1896.jpg

DSCN1898.jpg

DSCN1902.jpg

DSCN1908.jpg

nice pics. Seems to have stood the test of time well. I was an occasional visitor when the place was operational.

Latest posts

Back