Plympton Megabowl, Plymouth, May 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lycos

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
After many recce's tonight was going to be the night.
The team was assembled, myself, MrB, Scotty & Sarah, Scrub, JamesPP, and was pleased to see Kernow managed to make it!
The original access plan didn't go as planned so we had to improvise, the whole team became involved but were all just about ready to give up for now and move on....
Nah, we couldn't let it beat us, there had to be a way in and eventually we found it, took a lot of teamwork but finally, one by one, we were in!

I cant tell you an awful lot about the history of the place, but if you're from the area you'll probably know it, some of the other guys may be able to shed more light on it though as they'll all be along to add their bit...

And here's what we found...

View of the main area, used to be full of arcade machines but little remains,

IMGP1123.jpg

what remains of the alleys...

IMGP1143.jpg

IMGP1125.jpg

One of the bar areas...

IMGP1145copy.jpg

Wow, someone found the power...even the UV's worked!

IMGP1127.jpg

IMGP1132.jpg

Cracking night, and the exit was awesome thanks to MrB,
Thanks to everyone involved, was nice to meet JamesPP and Scrub too,
Hope everyone enjoyed it as much as us...

Nice report dude, and what a top night. Thanks to everyone who came along. As said it was a now or never situation!

A few pics from myself

The Bowling Entrance
DSC_0152.jpg

Bowling computer
DSC_0144.jpg

Lasers
DSC_0156.jpg

Some graffiti in Quasar Laser
DSC_0180.jpg

Part of the Quasar lazer zone
DSC_0183.jpg

Me playing with torches
DSC_0185.jpg

Hungry?
DSC_0188.jpg

Scrub playing, while Kernow captures the moment
DSC_0199.jpg

Still power on
DSC_0153.jpg

Derelict Lanes
DSC_0148.jpg

Quasar rules.......well it did
DSC_0157.jpg

Last edited:
wicked dudes! nice pics lycos! & glad to see MrB is making use of his sigma10-20....great bit of kit

nice to catch up with scotty, scrub, james pp & finially meet sarah...

will get my pics up tomm!:lol::):)

Great images! Was a good night. Strange being born again!;)

That place brings back so many memories!

lycos, don't be so modest on the entry. it was all you, if you stopped and gave up we might have gotten in to DA. :)

was a great night. happy we got in, shame there was not more stuff in there.
it looked like people got in before and trashed it. it was also very stripped.

the power is still on and the phones still work (as i found out).
a good night lads.
whats next?

Image00003-2.jpg

Image00002-2.jpg

Image00001-2.jpg

Played all - was an interesting evening!

Good to meet MrB and Lycos throughout the day.

Couple from me:-

DSCF2059.jpg

DSCF2075.jpg

DSCF2073.jpg

DSCF2076.jpg

DSCF2092.jpg

DSCF2108.jpg

Thanks all,

Thanks for all the comments guys, not sure but was that a compliment from scotty or not? :lol:, cool pics everyone, sorry I fotgot to resize mine but hey... wont forget this night n a hurry, catch y'all soon!

lol i was quite pleased at finding the breakers for the lights :)

ill stop being slack and get some pics up later!

awesome work guys! i had a look round there several times and was convinced it was sealed up too tight. kudos for getting in! ;)

right heres a few of mine....not a great outing for me pics wise but fun all the same.... at least i got a decend group pic :)

IMG_7795Medium.jpg

IMG_7843Medium.jpg

IMG_7845Medium.jpg

IMG_7849Medium.jpg

IMG_7859Medium.jpg

IMG_7861Medium.jpg

IMG_7862Medium.jpg

IMG_7869Medium.jpg

Nice pics.

I used to work in the leisure industry for a company that rented out jukeboxes, fruit machine and pool tables.

I remember the country going mad on 10-pin bowling and loads of Megabowls and Hollywood Bowl businesses being opened up and down the country. The company I worked for spent loads of money on the basketball machines, fancy pool tables etc and installed 100s in these centres.

Sad to see these places closing down / knocked down only 15 or years later. However, many of the buildings were units and lacked any charm and aren't a patch on the old cinemas / old leisure centres.

:)

This looks like a good explore, love all the lights still one, that looks great. Were there any skittles still there, or had they been taken? Really want to go to Plymouth now, you've got some fab places to explore.

Love the one of someone riding down one of the lanes on the chair lol (TnM would have a go at that if there wasn't a shopping trolley present! lmao).

Love the group shot.

Excellent pics,

Cheers,

:) Sal

really cool to see the back-stage bits... nice that you had some power too :) Cheers for sharing :)

Did you all dress in black on purpose? ;)

Hi Everyone and thanks for your comments, was sad to see the place close down after all the fun that was had there, and never really got into the new going to the new bowling place in the local 'Warner village', They didn't have the mighty Quasar! :lol: but they do have arcade games a plenty, all the pins had gone Sal, we all looked hard for them too, think everyone wanted to see at least one!
pdtnc, just sorta happened most of us were in black, might have had something to do with the time and location of the explore, and hi vis stuffs not good for shadow hopping!

Thanks for visiting,
Lycos.

Latest posts

Back