The Gazebo and the Woodcutters cottage

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Infraredd

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
The Gazebo, Ecton Hall Estate.
A summerhouse dating, according to Pevsner, from the late C17. Located amongst woodland in the grounds of Ecton Hall. The only photograph on the net was taken in the mid-1970s when The Gazebo (as it is known locally) was still in good condition. Its present state is as follows.
I originally went mid week in the afternoon - couldn't find the folly, found the Woodcutters Cottage and photographed that first.
As I was making my way further into the woods I saw 2 blokes in wellies standing by a big 4 x 4 so I split.
Couldn't have that so I went back on the full moon to try some customised modifications on a flash unit.
This time I found it and a pheasant run/ hatchery. Lived near one of these once. The people that ran that one used to eviscerate foxes and string them up on fences. They also killed our cat.
Glad I saw them before they saw me!
Pictures Gazebo first

Summerhouse 1 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Summerhouse 2 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Summerhouse 3 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Summerhouse 4 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Summerhouse 5 by Infraredd, on Flickr

12568758313_e7f79e76d1_b.jpg
Summerhouse 6 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Summerhouse 7 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Summerhouse 7 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Summerhouse 8 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Summerhouse 9 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Woodcutters Cottage - all I know about this place is that it is here. You can't make it out on the Google sat map!

woodcutter 1 by Infraredd, on Flickr

woodcutter 2 by Infraredd, on Flickr

woodcutter 3 by Infraredd, on Flickr

woodcutter 4 by Infraredd, on Flickr

woodcutter 6 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Don't think Santa has been here in a long while

woodcutter 8 by Infraredd, on Flickr

woodcutter 9 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Don't know what these are, there are a few dotted about in the undergrowth & one is full of water.

woodcutter 10 by Infraredd, on Flickr

Fin
Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Lovely stuff as ever.Wouldn't mind that gazebo in the back garden would be one up on the neighbours patio.Don't know what the brick pits are but the metal behind looks like the remains of an old belt driven bench saw which would explain the big circular saw blades

something like this

Lovely stuff as ever.Wouldn't mind that gazebo in the back garden would be one up on the neighbours patio.Don't know what the brick pits are but the metal behind looks like the remains of an old belt driven bench saw which would explain the big circular saw blades

something like this

Sure looks like it.

Latest posts

Back