Book:- Strong as the Rock of Gibraltar

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Caveman

Reaction score
For those who would like to visit Gib & have a worthwhile reference book, this one is highly recommended. Unfortunately there is no ISBN number anywhere to be found within the publication. I bought my copy when I was in Gib back in 2003 & paid £60...a birthday present to myself.
The book goes into great detail about every gun emplacement on 'The Rock'. It is written by two people that are heavily involved with the Fortress Study Group, & I only wish that I had bought one of the first batch for £45 as it is just such a good read. Initially there was only 1500 printed, of which I have number 1334.

Well recommended.

It sounds good, although I must admit I wouldn't pay as much as that. But, um...can you tell us the title and authors please? :mrgreen:

The book was written by Quentin Hughes & Athanassios Migos, the latter being a Senior Lecturer in Architecture, Military Architecture & Conservation at Liverpool Uni...a very interesting person to speak to.

Book

bought mine the week it came out, 1st edition, 50 quid no 75 of 1500 , still in its slip case , slip case is numbered 76 though...

Latest posts

Back