An interesting read if your into military sites and from Dorset.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No worrys! I spent a few hours the other evening banging all the os ref's into memory map to see what was there, i think we know about all the main ones anyway!

thats a very intersting report, but i think a lot of it is irrellevent for the work they need to carry out. most of the AA points and pill boxes are well away from any proposed construction and as for the shipwreck over 1/4 of them are inside portland harbour and are unaffected by any pipeline. the HMS Hood would be quite close and im not sure about many that are studland side of the bay either.
ive looked down the list and i tihnk i have dived most of the known wrecks, even a few of the unknown ones

thats a very intersting report, but i think a lot of it is irrellevent for the work they need to carry out. most of the AA points and pill boxes are well away from any proposed construction and as for the shipwreck over 1/4 of them are inside portland harbour and are unaffected by any pipeline. the HMS Hood would be quite close and im not sure about many that are studland side of the bay either.
ive looked down the list and i tihnk i have dived most of the known wrecks, even a few of the unknown ones

They are obliged by law to include any areas of scientific or archeaological interest within a designated corridor. A pipeline route may vary from that originally proposed for any number of reasons. Belts and braces approach.

Back