Manor House - St. Athan - March 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

UEP-Wales

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Ruined Manor House - March 2012

After having a look on Google Maps of the local area, came across East Orchard Wood and this lovely little manor house style ruin. Sorry I do not have any history on the place, I did try and search but came back with nothing.

The Photographs​

DSCF9071.jpg

DSCF9074.jpg

DSCF9081.jpg

DSCF9085.jpg

DSCF9094.jpg

DSCF9103.jpg

DSCF9119.jpg

DSCF9127.jpg

DSCF9133.jpg

DSCF9138.jpg

DSCF9142.jpg

DSCF9147.jpg

DSCF9150.jpg

DSCF9154.jpg

DSCF9158.jpg

DSCF9164.jpg

DSCF9175.jpg

DSCF9182.jpg

DSCF9196.jpg

Thanks for looking!

I bet that was impressive back in its day. Love the bridge, did you cross it. Doesnt look safe at all.

very nice shots.....you crossed the bridge! Looks like it's gonna go anytime.

Does it really look that bad?! I thought it was pretty decent...I even jumped on it to make sure - I thought what the hell, it's only water underneath :lol:

Thanks for all the comments!

I like this, what a nice find,thanks for sharing

That's a perfectly good packhorse bridge by the looks of it probably 300 years old,if it it's stood that long I guess it'll stand a few more years.

Ruined Manor House - March 2012

After having a look on Google Maps of the local area, came across East Orchard Wood and this lovely little manor house style ruin. Sorry I do not have any history on the place, I did try and search but came back with nothing...

East Orchard Castle --> http://www.castlewales.com/orchard.html
The Old Maps site - http://www.old-maps.co.uk/index.html - is a wonderful place to find historic buildings and suchlike.
:)

Nice piccies mate.

Latest posts

Back