Leeds Reformatory - April 08 - Another Report

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Burns

Reaction score
Ok, had a couple of hours to spare and thought i'd visit the Leeds Reformatory in Adel. It was my first urbex (of many) and was pretty interesting to say the least

So I picked up my little compact camera and set off :D

Got there and it was really weird, the only noises were the birds and the sound of rain on the leaves on the ground;
XL800166.jpg

I can see why it didn't catch on as student accommodation;
XL800159.jpg

It's a real shame about the community center;
XL800150.jpg

Main entrance;
XL800151.jpg

Looks like kids still get into the buildings, lots of fresh boarding to replace what's been ripped off (either that or someone really doesn't like Man U :rolleyes: );
XL800152.jpg

A forlorn and lonely fan still turning;
XL800154.jpg

This place could have looked pretty before the newer buildings were added;
XL800170.jpg

What was this building originally? Deliveries?
XL800175.jpg

Got a bit of a shock when I walked round a corner and found that number 12 is still occupied, made a sharpish about turn.

These are the pics I managed to get before i was politely but firmly asked to leave by an elderly couple (could have lived at number 12, could have been from the farm next door). Saw loads of PIR sensors/lights around which suggests that it would be quite difficult to have a night explore around here without being cought :rolleyes:

Anyway, hope you enjoyed my first report, I'll stick another one up soon

Last edited:
These are the pics I managed to get before i was politely but firmly asked to leave by an elderly couple (could have lived at number 12, could have been from the farm next door). Saw loads of PIR sensors/lights around which suggests that it would be quite difficult to have a night explore around here without being cought :rolleyes:

Previous threads on this place have lots of information about the people who live at number 12, and it seems more than a little unfair that they keep getting problems from urban explorers sniffing around.

It's one thing dodging security to get into properly abandoned places, it's something else entirely invading private peoples space.

I think it's fair to say that this place isn't a good place to be exploring.

Yeah, it must be annoying for them. To be honest, i've read quite a few threads about this but don't remember seeing anything about people living on the site :confused:

There were dog walkers etc that were going through the site when I was there and I saw loads of paw prints around the place. There's some well trodden down paths through the site too which would indicate that it's a shortcut for local people perhaps. When they asked me to leave I was very polite and did everything they said, they looked like they were just walking up to the shops and saw me on their way. Needless to say, I shan't be bothering those nice people again.

I would not describe the residents as 'elderly'. However it does depend on one's perspective - I suppose some of the younger members of this forum could refer to me in the same terms. I think the couple that were seen, live in one of the cottages at the end of Tile Lane - near where the public footpath branches off. Like the other residents of these cottages, what is really pissing them off is the redevelopment of the site. So they tend to be a bit overprotective until the inevitable happens, and Mr Barratt appears with his spade sets up the Stocks on the traditional 'New Village Green'.

My advice; take the dog for a walk down there and enjoy the peace and quiet - while you can. Forget the old buildings, they have been well recorded. Same that Mr Barratt will be reducing most to rubble.

I would not describe the residents as 'elderly'. However it does depend on one's perspective - I suppose some of the younger members of this forum could refer to me in the same terms. I think the couple that were seen, live in one of the cottages at the end of Tile Lane - near where the public footpath branches off.

To be honest, when they saw me, they were at the church looking building walking with it on their right back up tile lane, they could have come from anywhere. I'm sorry about the elderly comment, but to my eyes they were near retirement age (if not past it) with white hair (both of them)

Nice report, i can't see you're doing anything wrong just by walking round & taking pics from the outside. Loads of people walk through here every day so apart from you taking pics they're no different to you. Good to capture it before it's gone. Keep exploring! :mrgreen:

Latest posts

Back