Rugs2go Liverpool 11/13

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bignickb

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
According to the Liverpool echo - this old store is down as one of the three top eyesores in the city! Edge lane, the main artery that runs from the M62 to the city centre is the location and has become notorious for 'Grotspots'; sites that are unsightly and seemingly forgotten. A tycoon has pledged £200 million to redevelop the site into housing, but has met with some resistance from the council. Time will tell!
Anyway - I spotted it after two other failed explores and decided to have a nosey.
The place is a mess and from what I can see - there has been a fire here at some point. It is wide open to the elements and I just can't help but upset pigeons these days!
I found a hole that took me into the unit next door but it wasn't as photogenic.
On with the pics.

Exterior:
Rugs-56b_zps74427b54.jpg

Lots of air movement but I still recommend a mask.
Rugs-51b_zpsc8af2f64.jpg

They sure did go:
Rugs-50b_zpsd9535a27.jpg

Entrance:
Rugs-8b_zps1f91c3c4.jpg

Counter:
Rugs-6b_zpsdc8c680b.jpg

Rugsb_zps50f9d254.jpg

Rugs-13b_zps94135d1b.jpg

Raised area:
Rugs-15b_zps8c41f6fd.jpg

Rugs-17b_zpse710720b.jpg

Grotto in the Grotspot!
Rugs-25b_zps81602aa2.jpg

Date.
Rugs-29b_zps2097c3ed.jpg

Next door:
Rugs-35b_zps31fd04de.jpg

Look at the ceiling!!
It really comes to show people who start out fresh in this passion how dangerous it can be, but ultimately it goes without saying, only the individual who chooses to walk the path, is responsible for their own journey's outcome.

Fair play, great report, and nice photos! :)

this old store is down as one of the three top eyesores in the city!

Think that's a typo mate, should have read "this old store is down as one of the three top explores in the city!"

Nice one, cheers for sharing :)

Look at the ceiling!!
It really comes to show people who start out fresh in this passion how dangerous it can be, but ultimately it goes without saying, only the individual who chooses to walk the path, is responsible for their own journey's outcome.

You mean you've never had a polystyrene ceiling tile and insulation shower??

It's an occupational hazard.

You mean you've never had a polystyrene ceiling tile and insulation shower??

It's an occupational hazard.

What we choose to do and the risks we take are our own responsibility, we all carry out a mental risk assessment before we start exploring a site and go on with the explore or leave it, theirs no shame in walking away sometimes just good sense.

Sermon Over.:p

It Looks like carpets to go have gone I enjoyed looking at what’s left though, Thanks

Latest posts

Back