West Park Hospital (11th London County Asylum)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krela

Reaction score
Site of the current New Cottage Hospital, the old West Park Asylum was built finished in 1924 and designed by architect William C Clifford Smith in the colony style.

Again the main hall has suffered from arson attacks, but there's plenty more still standing.

Links
Pictures by Sue Enfys on deviantart

Panoramas on Sub-urban

Floater's site

Chat thread here. Please use for further comments

There must be a tunnel entrance. I did look for one first time I was there, but they were merely manholes. And full of ants. But somewhere on that site there must be a derelict outbuilding or villa with tunnel access .. those subways are so vast and complex, there has to be.

Yes, there were tunnels. I believe they've been bricked up.

I'm sure there's ways into West Park, but the old and tried method of scrambling through the overgrown undergrowth and finding an open door or window are long gone.

If you do go there, expect to find it frustrating! :(

All the best,
Simon

these are some piccies from a trip to West Park-hope you like them, i need to get back here but security seems to have gone a bit mental, i got caught last time i tried :(

westpark8.jpg

westpark7.jpg

westpark5.jpg

westpark6.jpg

westpark4.jpg

westpark3.jpg

westpark2.jpg

westpark1.jpg

westpark.jpg

They were taken around autumn 2005 I think-the padded cell was so cool-a definate highlight of the trip:)

King Al;11519; said:
It’s certainly atmospheric:evil:, I didn’t feel very safe:eek:

:icon_evil

:lol:

ha ha funny as they were supposed to keep the patients safe! :)

Latest posts

Back