Electronics products (Coventry) Ltd March 09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sj9966

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I am new here and this will be my first post.

The building dates back to the late 1800's, it was originally a watchmakers as this area of Coventry was heavily populated with them at that time.

It was lastly home to Electronics Products (Coventry) Ltd and I am not sure when they finished, there is also a boarded up Barbers shop joined to it which would be good for a visit but the house adjoining it is still occupied so it may be a bit risky.

The building is completely trashed and there is not too much left to see inside but as it was my first outing I thought I would post some pics.

I know nothing about photography and they are just snapshots with my digital camera of what I saw when I was in there.

I am hoping to do the large Courtaulds Acetate factory in the Foleshill area of Coventry soon, it is a massive site thathas been closed for a few years now.

DSCN0945.jpg

DSCN0949.jpg

DSCN0952.jpg

DSCN0955.jpg

DSCN0957.jpg

DSCN0958.jpg

DSCN0962.jpg

DSCN0964.jpg

DSCN0967.jpg

DSCN0968.jpg

DSCN0970.jpg

DSCN0971.jpg

DSCN0974.jpg

Last edited:
The building dates back to the late 1800's, it was originally a wathcmakers as this area of Coventry was heavily populated with them at that time.

Yes!!! This is really exciting for me because my Great Grandfather was a watchmaker in Coventry, having moved there from Clerkenwell and from a long line of watchmakers.
A very interesting first post, sj, and from somewhere that hasn't really been represented before. Nice one!
And welcome to DP, btw. :)

Last edited:
Did one of those jars still have liquid in it? Be careful in old electronics factories, as they used acid to etch the circuit boards.

I do love electronics though. :)

Thats great for a first explore, you managed to take quite a few frames from the previous use of the building too. Hope to see more from you soon ! :)

Welcome to DP :)

I used to drive past the place every day for 10 years sj. (Well except for holidays and weekends obviously). I watched it deteriorate steadily. Chapelfields is a fascinating area. It's a shame Coventry Council hasn't done more (anything?) to preserve what's left.

Latest posts

Back