Vauxhall Scrap Yard, A30, North of Exeter

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scrub2000

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Weird one this.... found by luck and went with Scotty. We had been thinking of taking pics of rusting cars for a while. This fit the bill. Lovely colours.

As you can see most are Vauxhalls. I used the 35mm film for this again. Happy with the result.

Photo04_1A.jpg

Can you spot the car?
Photo05_2A.jpg

Photo09_6A.jpg

Battery
Photo10_7A.jpg

Photo11_8A.jpg

Nice block
Photo15_12A.jpg

Anyone name the made and model of this car????
Photo20_17A.jpg

Photo22_19A.jpg

Cheers, and again over to you Scotty.

Yea that's my guess. I don't know for sure. Pretty well burnt out too!

Funky little site.
I'd like to go back.

here is some of my pics.

P001.jpg

P002.jpg

P004.jpg

P005.jpg

P007.jpg

P010.jpg

Nice pics Scrub2000 & Scotty....... some nice colours.

Not sure about the anal beads in Scotty's 5th pic though :confused: not something I'd advertise :mrgreen:

Pip

i thought mk2 granada estate but im now thinking it is a renault because of the way the bonnet hinges , i give up

Last edited:
Renault Savanna I'd say. Either a 1.7 petrol or 1.9 diesel.

Last edited:
Now the anoraky stuff is over.

What film did you use and where did you get it processed? :mrgreen:
I ask because I've had enough of my local branch of Click fecking up my films and also they just raised their prices... And, shockingly, the attractive girl appears to no longer work there! So I'm always interested in hearing of good places.

Now the anoraky stuff is over.

What film did you use and where did you get it processed? :mrgreen:
I ask because I've had enough of my local branch of Click fecking up my films and also they just raised their prices... And, shockingly, the attractive girl appears to no longer work there! So I'm always interested in hearing of good places.

If you're talking about klick photopoint shops you wont be going there anyway, they went bust 2 weeks ago.

Last edited:
If you're talking about klick photopoint shops you wont be going there anyway, they went bust 2 weeks ago.

That's who I meant. The Klick shop in my town is still up and running although the staff appear to have changed recently.

Scrub2000 - cheers. I think the photoshop in my Tesco is a SnappySnaps.

tesco ballsed up my last film, I checked them whilst I was there and noticed there were a number of prints missing, she tried telling me they must have not turned out right "was it a disposable camera" -cheeky wench, i pointed out they were on the index print just not printed out. she sorted it out (apart from the last photo which although fine on the index was double exposed, which was my fault as it got to the end of the film and i didnt notice and wound on shredding the sprocket holes lol (i blame it been sub zero so the film may have been brittle and my fingers were lacking in feeling) she said the machine would refuse to do it). anyway when i got home I realised the same pictures that were missing from the prints were missing from the CD, boo need to get back and get it sorted. my other gripe is the images on the CD are low res (JPG's equiv to about 2mp). I'll probably still use them though because they are cheaper, I will be checking them thoroughly before I leave though.

... the worst was Tesco 400! ...

I recently bought some of that because it was only £5 for 5, but you're right, it's really awful. :( I usually use Fuji 200, which is excellent. :)
Really liking your photos, especially the close-up of the gears. Apologies if that's the wrong word to use, btw....I know nothing about cars whatsoever! :lol: Good explore, though. :mrgreen:

Cheers Foxy yea the price of their films is amazing, but when you see the end result you think twice!!

I like Fujifilm, my E550 is a fuji and it's hard to fault it for a point and shoot!

Bunk3r, yea they seem to create the odd scratch on several slides - I thought it was a scratch on the lens, but the next pic was clean!

Get what you pay for I guess. That's why Foxylady has hers done by a more local firm!

Bunk3r, yea they seem to create the odd scratch on several slides
I didnt mention that, but yeah they did that aswell, although I'm not that bothered as it adds to the film effect, and if its somewhere where i dont want it I'll photoshop it out haha.

note 7dayshop have gone back to free delivery (at least at the moment) on their standard service so good for small orders (like a single film eg fujicolor superia 200 £1.79, I had some off ebay and it turned out good (4 years out of date) so i just ordered another roll off 7day).

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back