Rutland College, Oakham, Feb14

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wombat

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Took my new apprentice out for his first explore, and this is somewhere I’ve been meaning to return to, so this was the perfect starting place. A large supermarket now has approval to build on the land, so the buildings are going to be demolished soon. The trees have been cut down on the site in preparation for this already. Correct me if I’m wrong, but Lonsdale House may not be demolished with the rest of the site.

The first time I visited, this place was mint. I knew it was going to be trashed, but I didn’t know how bad. Well, its bad, so I’ve thrown in a few photos from last summer as a comparison.

Unfortunately my new camera is away being fixed :mad: so these are on the old camera. I also returned to Lonsdale House, but I will put them on a separate thread. Explored with Jamo22.

The Rutland college itself closed in September 2012, after relocating to a new site. It was a sixth form college mostly for A levels, for students aged 16-19.

IMG_2272.jpg

IMG_2274.jpg

IMG_2279.jpg

IMG_2281.jpg

IMG_2288.jpg

the trees have been cut down
IMG_2319.jpg

IMG_2321.jpg

IMG_2326.jpg

windswept geography room
IMG_2333.jpg

IMG_2335.jpg