Nettleham Hall July 09

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkness

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
After a bit of hunting around, i found the grid ref for Nettleham hall, and got my answer as to why i couldn't find it on GoogleEarth! It's set in the middle of a small wood and can't really be seen from the air.
The buildings are in a pretty poor state, and have been mostly taken over by vines and trees, which gives the place a slightly 'Indiana Jones/Tomb Raider' look!

The only history i could find was the same as in other posts on the subject:
Nettleham Hall was a stone mansion on a slight hill. The Hall was destroyed by fire in 1937. The iron gates to the property were once the entrance to the churchyard at St. Peter-at-Arches, Lincoln.

Took the trip with a couple of mates, one of which has now signed up on DP as BileMonkey! The hall is a truely awesome place and I'll certainly return on a less windy day to get some better pics methinks...

The famous gates

_MG_5036.jpg

_MG_5037.jpg

The inner wall and round window

Nethdr.jpg

_MG_5002.jpg

_MG_4993.jpg

Some Details:
_MG_4989.jpg

_MG_4990.jpg

More internal shots, the forrest has realy started to take over

_MG_4971.jpg

_MG_4972.jpg

_MG_4980.jpg

_MG_4968.jpg

_MG_4965.jpg

_MG_4955.jpg

_MG_4959.jpg

Entrance to the cellars?

_MG_4958.jpg

You can still see some of the old 1st floor fireplaces

_MG_4953.jpg

_MG_4969.jpg

_MG_4963.jpg

_MG_4970.jpg

Also visited the cottage in the grounds, but that's for another day!

D

what an impressive ruin. They certainly knew how to build things to last in them days,first a fire, then left to the elements and even mother nature trying to destroy it totally, but the walls still stand . Great place and Photo's thanks for sharing guys

Nice pics, I love pics 3 and 13 the best. What a great place! The place looks so beautiful almost magical. :mrgreen:

Nice on Darkness, you have certainly captured that well. I have heard of this place but never actually been. Have you been to Nocton?

Great pics! I have been here countless times now, I love it! Need Lara croft outfit!! :lol:

Some nice shots there mate,

Never heard of it until a couple of reports on here recently, looks very "Indiana Jones" as you say - thanks for posting, reckon I'll take a look down there soon!

god that gate is something else. looks amazing!
looks liek it was very grand in its day. great 1
kelly

Latest posts

Back