Salve Mater Psychiatric Hospital, Belgium - June 2014

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PROJ3CTM4YH3M

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Visited with Andy K of Behind Closed Doors and Scott Darby as part of the Grand Designs Tour. I've had this place on the to do list for quite some time but it always seemed to be one of those that got bumped for other locations. We found out as we were on route that a significant group of Dutch explorers had arranged a large group visit there, sure enough when we arrived there were loads of cars parked up :). We ventured inside and explored a few of the building bumping into Dutch explorers trying to stay out of their shots :) we met some lovely people there and thanks to those who pointed us in the direction of some of the best bits as we only had a couple of hours of day light left!

Highlights for me have to be the first room we came across with the hospital bed and the pretty awesome morgue as well as the chapel, pity we couldnt make it to the top balcony but the ground floor view was pleasing enough :). I'd certainly revisit.

SalveMater-1.JPG

SalveMater-2.JPG

SalveMater-3.JPG

SalveMater-4.JPG

SalveMater-5.JPG

SalveMater-6.JPG

SalveMater-7.JPG

SalveMater-8.JPG

SalveMater-9.JPG

SalveMater-10.JPG

SalveMater-11.JPG

SalveMater-12.JPG

SalveMater-13.JPG

SalveMater-14.JPG

SalveMater-15.JPG

SalveMater-16.JPG

SalveMater-17.JPG

SalveMater-18.JPG

As always higher res copies of the above photos and around 40 more shots on the full report up on my website: http://www.proj3ctm4yh3m.com/urbex/...mater-psychiatric-hospital-belgium-june-2014/

Def one on my list to visit. I saw your photo of the X Rays the other day and i wondered where they were from, now i know!!
Great photos as always. Nice external too. Place looks huge

Absolutely stunning photographs mate!
Phenomenal set of photos.
Cheers for sharing! :)

Cracking shots mate!!!:mrgreen:...I missed the mortuary too dark by time we got out, u know that kinda feelin u get wen u know u missed sum good bits!....got it now:p

thank you all very much @prettyvacant71 I'm gutted you missed the morgue mate! its not a bad one :) always time to return to this one though doesnt seem to be going anywhere fast

Latest posts

Back