Craigtoun Park, Fife, Scotland March 2012.

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spacepunk

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
A strange one this as I didn't realise it was derelict and closed until I came home and read a bit about it in the local rag!! The last time I was there I was about 15.

march12030.jpg

The article in the paper tonight, just after my visit, weird!

march12001.jpg

The old boating pond.

march12004.jpg

There used to be rabbits in these pens.

march12008.jpg

Damaged greenhouses.

march12009.jpg

A rather phallic looking tree

march12006.jpg

I stopped for a seat in the glorious sunshine in this shelter.

march12011.jpg

Er, not today.

march12018.jpg

The walled garden, no flowers though!

march12014.jpg

Craigtoun Hospital nearby.

Jeez it was open last year when I was working on the railway with friends. As far as I know it is to reopen this summer again as the railway in undergoing work and a renewal of the running contract.
Mind you last year the park in general was in a bit of a sorry state.

Very happy memories of this place, remember every august id come up to st andrews from Derby to see the family and the Lamas fair and of course we would always come here at some point aswell :') deffo up for an explore here now :)

I can't believe Craigtoun's so run down, lots of happy days (especially Easter) spent here, a park, rowing boats, Puffin billy train ans make your own fun. Oh I sound old!

Well from the comments above it sounds as if this park was a nice place. Would be great if it can be re-opened. I always think disused theme parks like this are a little sad in the same way as you might think of a seaside town on a rainy day in winter.

Jeez it was open last year when I was working on the railway with friends. As far as I know it is to reopen this summer again as the railway in undergoing work and a renewal of the running contract.
Mind you last year the park in general was in a bit of a sorry state.

the new train last year came from Ireland, think its running again this year

Back