St David's Hotel, Harlech, January 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T4toria

Reaction score
South Wales and anywhere else that takes our fancy
More information available from wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._David's_Hotel

Based on proposals Drawn up in 1907 by George Walton, St. David's Hotel was built in 1910. The Hotel has five storeys and a basement. The height of the Hotel was disguised by having the upper three floors included in a giant mansard with rows of dormers.

In 1922, a devastating fire destroyed the interior of the Hotel, so that Walton's original design commission has been lost. It is unclear from the records how much of the original interior structure has survived. The later, low quality, extensions have diminished the grand aspect of Walton's original structure.

After closing in 2008, the building is now threatened with demolition to make way for a new hotel and holiday apartments. These plans not proceeded beyond the approval stage since demolition approval was granted in 2009 but work is epected to begin soon.

The place is trashed, there are almost no floorboards and even the joists are sketchy in places, extreme care needed to say the least!
DSC09788.jpg

DSC09819.jpg

DSC09840.jpg

DSC09824.jpg

DSC09846.jpg

DSC09947.jpg

DSC09919.jpg

DSC09866.jpg

DSC09880.jpg

DSC09909.jpg

DSC09905.jpg

DSC09896.jpg

DSC09935.jpg

DSC09827.jpg

DSC09785.jpg

haha that rhino is amazing what a find! Great shots and report

So the sign basicly says by all means go in we don't care but if something happens its your own fault?

It does seem to read as you say, you take the risk, and you take responsibility for your decision, not sure if that works in law though?

Another nice find T4toria I enjoyed it, Thanks

Last edited:
Great report and pikkies, drove past this many a time on our Welsh adventures and wondered if it was worth a look, the pink rhino is uber random ace. I hear rumour of an old house very nearby here on its own island and in quite good nick as i am lead to believe.

That Rhino has a bit of a saucy look in its eye lol.

Another great report, that second shot is amazing the lighting really does something to me.

Latest posts

Back