RAF Newton, Notts, Dec14

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wombat

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Long time since I’ve had an explore with Frizman, and he’d just got his first Canon DSLR. Newton had been on the list for a long time, it was a good place for him to try it out.

I thought everything had gone from here, and that I had long missed the boat, so was quite pleased to find there were still a few buildings around to explore. Some rooms were a bit a stripped and empty, but buildings like the dining hall and bar were rewarding. Apart from the beginning of the day, we didn’t see security again, so had an enjoyable few hours mooch.

Thanks to Mr Sam for information on this place.

Explore with Frizman, on a bright winter’s day.

RAF Newton is a disused airfield immediately to the south of Main Street. It opened in July 1940 and closed in 2000. The hangars and other buildings are now used by a number of businesses within the Newton Commercial Centre.

IMG_1069.jpg

IMG_1059.jpg

IMG_1056.jpg

IMG_1046.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

The Bar
IMG_1036.jpg

IMG_1031.jpg

IMG_1028.jpg

IMG_1022.jpg

IMG_1012.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

IMG_1006.jpg

IMG_0993.jpg

IMG_0981.jpg

IMG_0980.jpg

IMG_0979.jpg

thanks for looking :)

There used to be some underground ammunition bunkers out by the rifle range too. There was also a dump not far from there with a lot of WW2 aircraft bits to be found.

We used to mooch around the old housing before it was demolished. Back in the late 90s, it was not long out of use, but deteriorated very quickly.

Robot Wars was hosted hear as well in one of the hangers a while back. It was pretty knackered then, with none of the electrics working and the water off.

Back