Bojanglez Nightclub, Guildford - 2008

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

federal

Reaction score
Bojanglez Nightclub (formally a cinema) in Guildford has been a target for quite a while now. After much checking out and PM's (thanks lillemouse) we figured out access.

Sullz and I met with Tucker_2 and Coleman in Guildford.

We went to the site and found our access. It was not an impossible task, however it resulted in my feet being covered in shit, Sullz covering my phone is shit, some abseiling and a small drive..... As Guildford Town Centre is one of the most CCTV covered areas in the UK and with Surrey Police HQ 1 minute down the road plus 5 police cars slowly passing us we didnt hang about.

Once inside we realised how big the place was. Many interesting finds during the evening including: multiple pairs of skanky/stained underwear, LIVE shotgun ammo, mouse in a tub of oil, (what seemed like) billions of dead flying vermin, someones debit card, old cinema stuff in the basement, odd types of fungus and advertising/promo things.

We were there for hours and I had a fantastic time. Special thanks to Tucker_2 and Coleman (they know why).

(This is a very old building and used to be a cinema, much of this can still be seen)

IMG_0089.jpg

IMG_0090.jpg

IMG_0094.jpg

IMG_0116.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0212.jpg

IMG_0214.jpg

IMG_0223.jpg

IMG_0255.jpg

IMG_0269.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0370.jpg

IMG_0385.jpg

IMG_0396-1.jpg

IMG_0408.jpg

cracking photos!!

never seen a nightclub that serves quiche before.
or one that has shotgun shells in it... how odd.

looks like a really interesting site... any idea of the story of this place?

Super report federal, sounds like you had lots of fun getting in there! Lots of great little features, although i'd be careful with those shot gun rounds they dont look like they've been fired:eek:

I really like all the period features of the former cinema/theatre, more so than the nightclub part. But I do like how they've incorporated the old with the new.

Not too sure about the mouse in the bucket tho :( Love everything else about it.

Nice find, Cheers,

:) Sal

I love abandoned nightclubs! Mostly because I wanna set up my own!
The tube in Manchester is one i wanna do.

Brilliant photos mate. LOVE the blue corridor shot!
What the hell kind of club has shotgun shells on a shelf?!?!?? :icon_evil

Excellent report.

Whats that sign by the bar, "Only one drink per person".... Eh:confused:

Shame about the mouse, at least he's preserved for all time...

Was given a load of 12b shells last summer, there were around 400 in a plastic box. Some of them were 50 years old, mostly russian azot's and kynoch. Even after so long they still worked, although some took 2 goes to fire off:lol:

It's strange seeing this place again...

I worked for another club in Guildford for a while, and lived in the 'staff accomodation', which was one of the old, run-down pokey houses on the other side of the road, directly opposite Bojanglez... (Our other closest neighbours were a dodgy kebab shop and a brothel :))

The whole road was due to be demolished 'soon' as part of the redevelopment and expansion of the shopping centre (hence why nobody was spending money maintaining buildings in that road) - that was 14 years ago, so didn't really expect it all to still be standing!

I only ventured into it once, and it was pretty skanky... Long after my short spell in Guildford, I did hear that it had closed down after one too many drug raids...

I'm loving the random shotgun cartridges i wonde if they used them to get the main ingredient for the rat soup :mrgreen:

Bojanglez was closed after a few to many drug raids, the music was predominantly drum & base. The place re-opened after a refurbishment and a name change to 'Pulse'. The sign 'one drink at a time' was because it was £15 on the door with free bar so they limited it to one drink at a time so people wouldn't rinse it. That was 6 years ago now. Dont know why pulse closed, prob lack of interest since theres much choice in Guildford.

Wow, what a place.

One question though; who the hell eats quiche in a nightclub? Did they do canapes and vol au vents as well?

Great place :)

i'll have cheeseburger and chips peaseth.
i'll be paying with that HSBC card....
now get that shotgun out of my face :mrgreen::mrgreen:

Great place :)

i'll have cheeseburger and chips peaseth.
i'll be paying with that HSBC card....
now get that shotgun out of my face :mrgreen::mrgreen:

He he he, that made me giggle. Great find, much Urbex respect for the amount of effort you put in (both before and during the shoot). I love the composition of a lot of these!

Latest posts

Back