Pontypridd farm, May 2011 (7 months after first visit)

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonniemcprice

Reaction score
hi all
this property is still on the market (and reduced, but still some what out of my reach!)
i went to down for another look and was shocked

the furniture has been pulled through the windows and some of it dumped in one of the front rooms, set on fire and causing the floor to collapse into the basement.

The aga in the second house is long gone, as are the original fire places in the main house.

The slate on the roof is welsh slate and its valuable so that has been taken.

I decided to walk the dog through some of the 73 acres this farm has and bumped into a local farmer who told me that an old farmer had lived there and died no less then two years ago.

He was slightly eccentric and would drink from a natural spring rather then his tap (don't blame him!) he was wealthy and had no family to leave the farm and land too.

When he passed away there were land rovers and other cars which were quickly stolen.

The land running down from the farm leads to a sharp valley with a beautiful stream and leading upwards to more buildings.

there are about 25 horses, some in bad conditions roaming around here, no one wanted to steal them
Here are some pictures, compare them to the first report....
P1050124.jpg

P1050123.jpg

P1050118.jpg

P1050117.jpg

P1050107.jpg

P1050105.jpg

P1050104.jpg

P1050103.jpg

P1050101.jpg

P1050099.jpg

P1050097.jpg

P1050096.jpg

P1050132.jpg

P1050109.jpg

P1050108.jpg

P1050110.jpg

P1050126.jpg

guess who was here...

more here
http://s942.photobucket.com/albums/ad268/bonniemcprice/

lol 3rd picture, proof of chavs.:) Plus if it was pikey's stealing stuff those horses would be gone in the blink of a gypo eye.

what a waste of a beautiful house!!!

I have to argree.
Sadly I have a friend with a similar-ish property and I suspect much the same will happen when they pass away, they can't sell it now, the price they want is way too high for the market, and theres nobody much who will want to farm it to leave it too.
I'd buy it in the blink of an eye if I could, it has fantastic views and no neighbours for a few miles.

horses

What a lovely house such a shame he had no-one to leave his life to really, being a farm worker that would have been all his life possessions.

Being an animal lover, I hope someone is keeping an eye on the horses, they look to be doing ok food and shelter wise but if you happen to wander through again and they look to be deteriorating due to lack of water, no regular worming etc please inform the RSPCA - even if you do it anonymously just so that they could give them the welfare they deserve.

Thanks
xxxx

Latest posts

Back