Inside The Sugar Silos...Kiddy

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ninja Kitten

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
Sugar Beet Factory, Kidderminster.

The British Sugar factory of Kidderminster can be found in the county of Worcestershire which was once owned by the ‘British sugar corporation’ a company which was created in 1936 as part of a British effort to nationalise their sugar beet processing.

In 1972 the commercial brand of ‘Silver Spoon’ was formed to cover household forms of sugar purchase including granulated, icing and cubed sugars.

British Sugar Corp now faces a ropey yet inevitable future as the dominance of Tate & Lyle sugar and the low costs of imported sugar (and no doubt cheaper human labour that comes with those prices) force the few remaining plants to shut down....

All that remains now are the two huge silos and some large concrete ruins of what where some of the factory buildings...ive always wondered what they looked like from the inside and if you could get inside them...so before they fall to the ground we thought it time to have a peek and im glad we did..they are Massive!! for anyone who likes the climbing bit ide imagine the view is amazing at nite...but not for
me!

Visited with Perjury Saint.

8ceacaf9.jpg

Some Graffiti to brighten your walk down there...

c21adbd0.jpg

57404b81.jpg

62fcee0e.jpg

10679149.jpg

7314e3e8.jpg

fa18678e.jpg

308bc153.jpg

a0a1ba0b.jpg

8f5f1123.jpg

f2df1a75.jpg

2b2db34f.jpg

a54874fd.jpg

08088fda.jpg

84764588.jpg

99b0aa6d.jpg

51dbf107.jpg

170d33ae.jpg

85aa1e17.jpg

2463f37f.jpg

5f19b967.jpg

75e96dd3.jpg

Isn't it amazing inside there!! The acoustics are out of this world!
Did you not manage a visit to the top? :p
Top piccies BTW!

Last edited:
It truely is an amazing view at night, we should do it sometime! Worth it BIG time ! ;)

nooooooooooooo im a bloody liability on the ground let alone stuck on the top of that thing brrrrrrrrrr shivers!!:)

Yet another great find and explore. :cool: Strangely British Sugar appear to be thriving on the other side of the country. :confused:

Like in Ipswich? ;)

Speaking of which the one in Ipswich was just the silos left when I last went, seemingly identical construction and nearly as sticky/slippy floor in parts.

Good god, are they still standing !! I can't even remember the year I visited them it was that long ago. I see they've levelled the buildings :( Can you still get on the top of them?

Good god, are they still standing !! I can't even remember the year I visited them it was that long ago. I see they've levelled the buildings :( Can you still get on the top of them?

yes you can...but im a wimp!!:)

went up there just last night, truly amazing sight :)

definitely worth it, make sure you've got a few torches on hand thought and a few friends coz a few parts are quite tricky to get past due to falling parts of the building blocking the ladders/stairways

its all quite sturdy up there but just be careful

oh and one last thing, bloody wood pigeons like to jump out at you so be careful of those too

Latest posts

Back