Mansion H, Lancashire - August 2012

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Having heard so much about this place including some recent information that it was all boarded up and the having the builders in, well I had to go and take a look for myself.

So a little history.

Built in 1869, the owner's continued to live there until she died a few years later in 1896. The house passed on again to another relative who lived there until about 1903. The house and its contents were then sold out of the family.

Lancashire County Council operated a care home for the elderly at the house until some time in the 1980s. The home was sold in 1993 and was turned into a hotel and function venue. The company that owned the property was dissolved on June 2009 and the hotel was closed.

The house is safe enough to walk around without issues, every room is trashed but some more than others and there's still plenty of detail to be captured. Hope you enjoy the images.

CH

Last edited by a moderator:
I almost didnt recognise it at first, but have to agree with the others, this is a really good report on this place.

without a doubt...best pics of this place ive seen...good one:)

agree with everyone else here, winning shots especially the intro shot love the way it looks like its sitting on a grassy rug :)

Great set of pic there! Its a nice little mooch here, i especially like the staircase and the features in the hall:)

Thanks guys and girls. I appreciate your comments. My images are processed (not HDR'd but CS6 and Nik Colour Efex) but I tend to try and retain an element of subtly about them. Glad that they hit the spot. I'll return again soon to shoot more images.

Not bad but you I take it you batch processed all of these before uploading to flickr. This has messed up the resize on the portrait style pictures. This lets it down IMO.

No batch processing regarding the size TranKmas although not all images are the standard 4" x 3" size hence why some of the image look slightly different to each other.

I don't understand why these places are held-on-to and let go to ruin rather than sold. Even if the sales price was low, it would be more than what they'll get after it's a worthless shell.

Brilliant pictures.
I was not too impressed at first with the "processed" look but I am coming round quickly.
They have what I call a "stem punk" look about it!

I cannot believe the place has only been deserted for 3 years, it seems to have gone down hill quickly!

Excellent photos there, love the features that have been left in there

Last edited by a moderator:
Back