Ancient TV cottage, Lincs, Jul14

Derelict Places

Help Support Derelict Places:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Wombat

Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I went to visit my mate in nowheresville Lincolnshire last month, and on the way back with a hangover, I stumbled across this place. Wasn't sure wether it would be worth it or not, but the ancient TV & lampshade made it worth posting - you just wouldn't see anything like that these days. I'm sure my old man had a TV like that in 70s / early 80s - back in the day when we only had 3 or 4 channels.

I don't know how long its been derelict - its got to be 10 years at least, but in the last year or so, the foliage has been cleared away, so maybe its facing demolition.

IMG_6423.jpg

IMG_6427.jpg

IMG_6429.jpg

There is that TV in all its glory
IMG_6432.jpg

IMG_6434.jpg

IMG_6435.jpg

IMG_6437.jpg

This isn't far from Boston, not sure if its been posted before. Nothing too epic, but a bit of a time capsule.

Always find it sad when they clear away the foliage, you can easily predict then how it will end, however mr wombat your shots have captured it well, I do like the small amount of rubble on the tv :)

nice mate good find :)
cheers mate

Always find it sad when they clear away the foliage, you can easily predict then how it will end, however mr wombat your shots have captured it well, I do like the small amount of rubble on the tv :)
Google street view a couple of years back and you could barely see the house.
Think you may be right Mr Mockingbird; it could be doomed.
thanks mate

I like this. I can remember the excitement ehen we got Channel 4 (1982 I think it was, showing my age now):)
Thanks Tumble :)
Channel 4 starting was a distant memory for me, but I think kids these days would be astonished that we only had 4 channels.

I know this one well. They've only recently cleared the folage.
Cheers mate. Any idea how long its been derelict?

nice explore
been past this a few times in the last few months but never had time to look and never dreamed it would be like that inside

I thought it would be empty too, so was quite surprised to find all that lot left in there.

Yeah a quaint little place! I think you're right - gonna be redeveloped soon, so good job you photographed it while you could!

Took some pics and spoke to a neighbour. Its going to be levelled and 2 modern houses built in its place.
If you dont mind I'll add my pictures to this thread

I took some pictures at weekend and spoke to neighbour. Its to be flattened soon and 2 small houses built in its place. Ill add my photos to this thread if you dont mind

Yeah a quaint little place! I think you're right - gonna be redeveloped soon, so good job you photographed it while you could!

cheers Paul, glad I got to see it

Took some pics and spoke to a neighbour. Its going to be levelled and 2 modern houses built in its place.
If you dont mind I'll add my pictures to this thread

Nice pics there RedT1iger, Thanks for adding :)
Looks like someone has carefully turned the TV up the correct way!

Back